Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 10:09 PM

Sad News today!

Today we got a phone call from OH's dad who had gone up to Leeds to see his sister (Pauls Aunty) as she hadn't been well.....when he got there he found her looking dreadful. She had a hospital appointment today, Paul's dad went with her, this was a follow up to a previous visit - which she hadn't told anybody about.

They told her she had advanced breast cancer in both breasts and she was taken straight into hospital. We last saw her in August when she weighed around 10 stone, today at the hospital she weighed in at just over 5 stone. We speak to her twice a week by phone and not once did she let on she wasn't well. Dr's have told Paul's dad to be prepared, as they don't think she will make it till Christmas She's never married, so has no family as such, just Paul's dad who lives in Weston-Super-Mare. She is in her late 70's and said she didn't think there was much point in going through drastic surgery

On top of all that, OH's other Aunt who had cancer of the liver has now found out it's spread to her bones

I feel awful, why or why didn't she say something to somebody, Paul's sister is a nurse and I'm sure she could have persuaded her to get some help sooner!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Awwww I'm so sorry to hear this you must all be devastated to say the least.Try not to beat yourself up about it all,I'm thinking of you at this terrible time,huge ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) from me,xxxxxxxxx
Luna Wolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-12-2007, 10:28 PM
That's really tough, I'm sure she knew what was going on and made her own decisions you can't beat yourself up about it. It was her choice to make and all you can do is respect that.
Thinking of you all
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 11:27 PM
I think sometimes its a generation thing, not wanting to bother others. Sending you (((hugs))), take care

Lorna x
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 07:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your OH Aunties, cancer is a terrible disease for all involved. Maybe Aunty #1 felt it wasn't right to upset you all, my mum never told us that her cancer was terminal she just pretended she was being treated etc but I wish she had told us from the start but I suppose they think they are protecting us?
Big Hugs to you and your OH.
Becky
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 10:20 AM
CC so sorry to hear your news
you and your family are in my thoughts

xxx
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 10:49 AM
So sorry to hear this, ((((((((hugs))))))))

Clair xxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Such terribly sad news for you and Paul and the family. Thinking positive vibes x
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 12:40 PM
So sorry to hear your news. x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 12:45 PM
So sorry CC.
I think the thing to remember though is that this is her cancer to manage as she chooses. It's hard for those around her, but if she is okay and coping then best to help her in the decision she has made (as I'm sure you will).

Massive hugs CC. xxxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >