Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tupence2p
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2006, 08:26 PM

Bizarre More Than Pet Insurance

I was trying to get an insurance quote for Gizmo from More Than. As Giz is a crossbreed they wanted to know what breeds. They don't have Thai Ridgeback listed, so I emailed to ask and the reply I got said that they couldn't insure Wolf Hybrids! What?! Doesn't instill me with confidence in them!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Thats unusual cause most insurance companies will insure crosses no questons asked with just their size being the issue-small,medium,large & giant.

lol-next time if asked-just say 'non descript cross!'
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2006, 08:59 PM
what made them think a ridgeback is a wolf hybrid?
i know they aren't that common a breed but even then if they are selling the insurance you would think they have a list of dogs to give out the quotes.
i called 1 a while back and they had never heard of leo's the closest they had was neffies, i tried to explain they was bigger etc so the quote would probably be wrong as some of them go on size, they could not give me a figure.
just seems weird to me they are selling the insurance and have no knowledge what they are covering, so how can it be correct?
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Ooh, we tried to insure our pug with them and they refused to do it cos we're going to show her!! SOOOO weird, didn't have any other companies even comment on us showing her!!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2006, 09:07 PM
not some thing we was asked either...just the usual stuff pedigree or x and size etc.
not heard of that before.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2006, 09:08 PM
I despair of insurance companies. And I work for one.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Try M&S - they're really good and cheap too!
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2006, 07:01 AM
yeah i am with M&S and they didnt even question the crossbreed. u can also choose to pay no excess.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 07:47 AM
I am with morethan and both my parents and I have the same cross, same age, one male one female (which shouldn't make a difference) I said mine was a husky cross (as they ask for at least one dog to put down if it is a crossbreed) and my mum said german shepherd cross... I pay 7.99 a month and she pays 12.99 !!! I know it's not a huge amount but over a year that is £60 more, for the same dog... which makes no sense, other insurance companies don't ask you to name a breed in the cross.... most people probably can't be sure anyway. Madness!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2006, 10:25 AM
M&S were really good, and they are so much cheaper than anywhere else, I had quotes for twice the amount from other insurers for my two, and M&S give you a discount for a 2nd dog!!! Another big plus for me at least is that the call centre is in England so you don't need an interpreter!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >