Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2006, 01:57 PM

Good News At Vet Today

I'm chuffed to bits ! Missy had to go for a post op check at the orthopaedic vet this morning. I left early (7 -20am) as I knew it would take a while to drive 60 miles in rush hour traffic. We got there an hour early ! Saying that , it did take an hour to get to the Forth Road Bridge . Her appointment was at 10-30am. When it was her turn to see the vet , she couldn't get in there quickly enough , I was basically towed into the consulting room. Just as well the vet knows the character of Staffies ! Anyway, he asked how she has been since her surgery on 18th August and was happy to know that she has been a model patient , not chewing stitches , or jumping up on furniture etc. He examined her leg and was delighted with her progress. Her exercise programme is good, I've been building her up from complete rest (for the first month) , to now , 2 half hour walks and 2, 15 min walks a day. He said she can go back to normal exercise ( longer walks and off lead) in another 4 weeks. He also said the hydrotherapy is doing wonders for her muscle build up and her fitness. He also said that she is in excellent condition.She has a healthy , glossy coat and very good muscle definition. She does not need to go back as her joint is very stable.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 02:00 PM
I bet your over the moon with that! Brilliant news, and thanks for sharing x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm really pleased to hear she's doing so very well, you must be chuffed to bits with this outcome It's all down to your tlc of course and perseverance, slowly but surely with leg problems, so well done you!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Yay! That is brilliant news. No wonder you are chuffed to bits.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Great news, you must be delighted!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 02:53 PM
That's excellent news
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2006, 02:54 PM
That is great news
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 03:39 PM
well done missy (oh and mum ) glad to hear she is doing so well,i remember how relieved i was when we were told diez had recovered well keep up the good work
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2006, 06:04 PM
delighted for you - glad that the hydro has helped....
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks everyone . Think I'll do 4 more weeks on lead like the vet said , BUT add 2 weeks on the flexi lead before she gets off completely , just to be on the safe side. Saying that, I have already let her off lead a couple of times on level ground. That was just to assess as she never limps now when she's been for a walk. The vet was happy about this and thought it was a good idea. In 6 weeks time, she can go for decent long walks and be off lead for most of the walk. I can't wait to see her running free and playing properly. And it will give my arms a rest too as now she's fitter and not in pain, she can be so strong at the start of a walk . I'm also going to keep going to Hydrotherapy on a weekly basis , after her 12 weeks are up. She was very scared to begin with , but now, instead of holding her breath and splashing around as if she was drowning , she has relaxed enough to breathe AND swim at the same time . Very powerful swimmer by the way ! She just needed to learn how !