Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2014, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Nothing to add but my deepest sympathy at this time, it's not fair as it is but let alone after losing Syd too. I hope you and OH are as okay as possible given the circumstances x

Thanx Luke, life's a bummer at the mo for sure.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Sitting here in tears now reading this thread, my heart goes out to you, no wonder you cried so much when you touched the inside of her mouth there

I'm with you with whatever you do, as I know it will be in her very best interest, but this waiting for those results must be total agony for you

Keep up the good work, she sounds happy enough at times and wanting to eat whatever you have to offer which is easy on her mouth, bless her sweet little heart, this must be agony for you.xxx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

19-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Just checking in again to see how she is and to give a little more support, this cant be easy !!
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 02:54 PM
I just want to send virtual hugs to you and Rio, what an awful week of waiting for you *hugs* xxx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

19-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Well today she is definitely determined to eat in spite of the pain. She had a full size can of dog food mashed up with warm water for breakfast followed by a tin of sardines. Slept all morning but as soon as I went to feed the other dogs she ran out to the conservatory to make sure I didn't forget her. She's just eaten a large can of pilchards followed by 4 beaten raw eggs with a large dollop of yoghurt. Again I had to drop the pilchards on the floor a bit at a time but she kept her eyes on the plate in case it disappeared. I had the egg and yoghurt mixture in a jug and poured it onto a side plate a bit at a time, she got fed up with that and stuck her head in the jug and polished off every last drop. Licked the jug, plate and floor clean. She's an absolute star, although I won't be saying that later when it's time for the tablets again.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Happy Days Good for her,where there's appetite there's hope I reckon Must leave you feeling a bit more content,knowing she's not hungry....keeping everything crossed for the beautiful girl..(( hugs))
Meg
Supervisor

19-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well today she is definitely determined to eat in spite of the pain. She had a full size can of dog food mashed up with warm water for breakfast followed by a tin of sardines. Slept all morning but as soon as I went to feed the other dogs she ran out to the conservatory to make sure I didn't forget her. She's just eaten a large can of pilchards followed by 4 beaten raw eggs with a large dollop of yoghurt. Again I had to drop the pilchards on the floor a bit at a time but she kept her eyes on the plate in case it disappeared. I had the egg and yoghurt mixture in a jug and poured it onto a side plate a bit at a time, she got fed up with that and stuck her head in the jug and polished off every last drop. Licked the jug, plate and floor clean. She's an absolute star, although I won't be saying that later when it's time for the tablets again.
That is good news Shirley I guess Rio is in less pain today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Maybe the meds are doing something to lessen the pain she's in and she's not so cautious about eating, whatever....I am so happy she is eating once more, can you crumble the tablets in some beaten up egg maybe.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

19-03-2014, 05:12 PM
The taste of the tablets just seem to put her off the food.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

19-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Do you mash the pilchards? If so I was wondering that if maybe there was a piece big enough for a pill, mixed with the rest, she might not notice it?
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »