View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ginge2602
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Hi, Labrador I walk has just gone on optiimmune. He was down to 2 in wetness test but up to 19 now. The vet did say its unlikely to work when zero tears. He didn't say he we'd go blind only that he we need further investigation as to cause. Good luck. X
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Hi - Katie was on Optimmune for about 8 weeks, but didn't improve at all. Then tried Tacrilimus, which is stronger, but still zero. Hope I'm making the right decision in having the operation, but think zero reading could ultimately lead to blindness otherwise if she get's an ulcer that won't heal. The lab was very lucky to go from 2 to 19, but, from what I can gather, 2 is the lowest number Optimmune usually works on.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by rita1 View Post
Hi - Katie was on Optimmune for about 8 weeks, but didn't improve at all. Then tried Tacrilimus, which is stronger, but still zero. Hope I'm making the right decision in having the operation, but think zero reading could ultimately lead to blindness otherwise if she get's an ulcer that won't heal. The lab was very lucky to go from 2 to 19, but, from what I can gather, 2 is the lowest number Optimmune usually works on.
Totally agree with this.Great news the Lab is doing so well though,that's brilliant
Rita for what its worth had I been given the option I would have gone with the op,I think you're absolutely doing the right thing.
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Hope so, Lacey. My immediate worry is her getting through the op OK as it's so long. Hate the thought of leaving her for so long too - she's been dumped once, so hope she doesn't think I've done the same. Why can't they operate on your dog's "good" eye?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Hope so, Lacey. My immediate worry is her getting through the op OK as it's so long. Hate the thought of leaving her for so long too - she's been dumped once, so hope she doesn't think I've done the same. Why can't they operate on your dog's "good" eye?
The vet did skim over talking about the OP once but he feels the drops are keeping her eye healthy i.e ulcer free.She wouldn't regain the sight she has lost he thinks,so wouldn't be fair on her,plus having had one eye removed and then re-opened and stitched back the second time I think she's went through enough Will be 11 in August and she's happy and doing ok Had she been younger and not had so much damage already done I'd have jumped at the chance for the op....everything crossed it works out well for you,hope you keep in touch and let us know how it goes xx
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Yes, that makes perfect sense. I think you'll find the Clinitis will help. Since I've been using that alone she doesn't get nearly so much gunk in her eyes, but I do put it in about 8 times a day to hopefully keep more ulcers from forming
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Should be here shortly I hope I guess with the holiday it'll probably hold it up a day or so.Could only be a dog owner that would get excited about eye drops Will let you know how she gets on...8 times a day?...ok I'll do that,thanks xx
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2014, 10:04 AM
You probably don't need to do it so often - the eye clinic said about 6 times a day as she's zero, but I do it 8 as I'm totally neurotic where she's concerned
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 10:09 AM
You probably don't need to do it so often - the eye clinic said about 6 times a day as she's zero, but I do it 8 as I'm totally neurotic where she's concerned
Ok I know the feeling,vet advised 5 or more times for mine,so that sounds about right I find in this sunny weather,when she's outside more often I really need to give her more anyway,plus her usual good clean every morning which I do always.Takes seconds really doesn't it?They are so worth all of it,bless them
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 10:13 AM

Here she is Rita This is my wee Lacey
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »