View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boyboy
New Member!
Male 

13-01-2011, 10:31 AM
errr how can ebay version small at £5.89 be cheaper than Pure Dog small at £2.99...........
Avani
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Definitely investing in a few of these for Dougie! Hes getting too addicted to pigs ears!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 09:29 AM
I ordered some Thursday afternoon, they arrived this morning.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I was just wondering how people were going on with these. they are still a firm favourite here.

I also have to comment that they have been the MOST effective thing I have ever found at cleaning old tartar/plaque off teeth. Fudge was at the verge of needing a dental and I happened to look in her mouth yesterday and I was amazed at the difference. Maybe it is the fact that the ends of the antler have a smaller diameter than a bone and get into all the nooks and crannies?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I was just wondering how people were going on with these. they are still a firm favourite here.

I also have to comment that they have been the MOST effective thing I have ever found at cleaning old tartar/plaque off teeth. Fudge was at the verge of needing a dental and I happened to look in her mouth yesterday and I was amazed at the difference. Maybe it is the fact that the ends of the antler have a smaller diameter than a bone and get into all the nooks and crannies?
This

Was given to us on Friday....Zeff had it...

Siren had it...

Gabe, Tassle, Etta and a couple of others have also had a go...and it is now 2 prongs which have been removed fro safety sake.....got some more coming on Wednesday!

The further they got down it the more interested they got. No problems with bellies or getting large bits off, over all very impressed.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Ours arrived today - gave it to Dexter and he toyed with it for about twenty minutes, then left it. He's barely looked at it since. I thought he'd love it! Ah well, never can tell
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Ours arrived today - gave it to Dexter and he toyed with it for about twenty minutes, then left it. He's barely looked at it since. I thought he'd love it! Ah well, never can tell
There are some suggestions on how to spark a dogs interest in it if you are interested on the site.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Cain did the same, went mad at it for the first two hours then lost interest, although he returns to chew it periodically. I might try taking it away for a while so it's new when he gets it back.

Tassle - where on earth did you get one that size???!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Zena still chews on one of hers in the evening when she's been told to go away! Most of them are pure white now where she's scraped them, and most of the marrow has gone from the narrower bits, but not from the small one which has a huge marrow bit in the middle, that remains untouched, it's still brown even! They're painful to tread on, and my first two were enormous just like Tassle's there, but the last two were thicker and smaller.

If you rub a bit of sandpaper on them it renews their interest (apparently!), but I haven't had to do that yet.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Next wednesday I am picking up 200 antlers----I am assuming they will be a reasonable size. Not sure how to fit them in the car but should be fun!

rune
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »