Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm so Sorry.

Its terrible when something like this happens - as to dealing with it - he is your boy You will love him everyday and keep some incredible memories.

..and personally - he would get whatever the hell he wanted if he was mine!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you so much, I really need the positive thoughts.

My family have survived cancer twice now. With us behind him every step of the way I really hope we can help him out the other side of this.

My mum became a holistic, organic obsessive and fought her battle twice, and I really do think there are other things we can look at to help him....starting with his diet and wellbeing for one.

I'm so angry at the vets for not being able to do further tests till MONDAY! Nearly a week, what if he's already had the cancer a month!?

Should I try the other vets practise? Or the vets hospital?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm going to cut out any preservatives, additives, fat, grains, crappy cheap dog treats etc from his diet and slowly convert him to a meat/protein balanced diet over the next week. Only the best, he will love it too

My mum swore by this..and still goes on at me about it...
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:54 PM
I know its hard to be patient when you want all the answers yesterday, but that won't make any thing happen faster, stick with the vet you know, you will get there, put all your energy into Zeke and try to take your mind off it even just for a little while a day
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 03:04 PM
I don't know about going to another vets, not sure of the whole process for cancer treatment and testing, so sorry to hear the news, it is one we all dread, giving them a time line hurts so badly but really all we can do is love them, spoil them and enjoy what time we have with them.
On saying he looks older already, maybe you look older to him too, surely he has given you grey hairs and he would be picking up your sadness too, so lots of snuggles for the both of you.
As others have said some dogs defy the odd and don't do as is predicted.
Hugs to you both xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 03:49 PM
I have had no experience of losing a dog or having one diagnosed with a terminal illness. I do know however that you will do whatever is necessary for him....including great days out with oodles of ice-cream!

I am 100% sure that you will all fight for as long as is possible and during that time he will be loved and spoiled and have one wonderful ride.

If you fancy taking him to pastures new I am only 5 minutes drive from where you were yesterday!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi Lucie , very sad news but don't despair, I understand the chemo they use these days is very good and some dogs make a good recovery so try to be positive, I am sure Zeke is not ready to give up yet .

I don't believe in miracle cures , however my neighbour tried a treatment recommended by his vet on his eight year old dog with an aggressive form of cancer, whether it helped or not I cannot say but the dog lived far longer than anyone predicted.

I was reading some things the other day and came across this information on the treatment so will post if for your information.

http://darlingsrealdogfood.blogspot....ng-cancer.html

http://www.ivymedical.com/

this part mentions trials related to lymphoma ...
http://www.ivymedical.com/clinicaltrials_animals.html

If you have insurance many cover complimentary medicines.

Once you have got over the initial shock of the diagnosis try to say to yourself that you will forget what the vet said about Zeke's life expectancy and just enjoy the time you have with him which is something no one can be certain of. ...(hugs x)
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 04:34 PM
So sorry to read this, my heart goes out to you and I hope and pray that you find a treatment that works for your special boy xxx
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2010, 05:07 PM
so so sorry to read this
i know te feeling of going to lose our beloved animals,

if you can, carry on as normal...treasure each day..

loads of love to you

michelexxxxx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
On no, im so sorry. I've only just read this thread. Its such a shock. My old collie x had lymphoma. She had the same symptoms of a swollen neck. I took her to the vets thinking it was just a throat infection and the vet felt down her body and found the same swellings, back of les etc. It was such a shock to find out it was that serious. She was older than Zeke and it was decided that chemo would be to much for her (she was nearly 13). She was put on steroids whic did bring the swellings down. I really am so sorry to here this. I dont know a huge amount about the subject but feel free to pm me. Big hugs to you both. xx
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »