Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:05 PM
oh hun, that is such awul news.

All you can do is to make the most o the time you do have - enjoy each moment you have with him and make sure you know when the time is right to say goodbye. Easy to say, but much harder to do.

Massive hugs, my heart really goes out to you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I am so sorry I lost my Australian shepherd x too this he was 41/2 years old.

We didn't put him through chemo, we were told a cocktail of 9 drugs once a month so we had him on palliative steroids and kept him 8 weeks.

Things could well be different now though we lost him 8 years ago.

It is very hard you do get through it but it is not easy.

(((Hugs))) to you and Zeke.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Massive hugs to you and Zeke.

It's the words you never want to hear but please don't start thinking he is dying now. Dylan was diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia 4 years ago and has been on steroids and chemo ever since. I honestly believed time was really limited with him and like you, I wondered how I could cope knowing this cruel disease was slowly destroying my boy.

But he has taught me to not think that way. You have just heard and it is all so raw and so frightening but life really does go on and his will too.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:07 PM
So very sorry to hear this.
You have to tell yourself how wonderful it is that he has blessed your life and live it to the full. He may have longer than they say though.
Big huge hugs hun. You will cry everyday probably but how lucky are you both to have found each other xxxxx
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm very sorry to hear your bad news. It is heartbreaking that you will lose him so soon.

Enjoy the time you have with him. None of us knows what tomorrow may bring.

Hugs xxx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:14 PM
I am so sorry. I had a foster girlie who was diagnosed with cancer, which returned after treatment, so we were looking at limited life.
We made her last year wonderful. She swam in the sea every day and went on holiday with us, and when the time came, she went with love and dignity. I hope your boys` final years with you are filled with happy times to remember when he has gone.
LillyRose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Akitagirl The only thing I can say is try to make everyday special and try to think inside every single day.

I went through something similar when I lost my EBT.I just had to make everyday the best for her that I could and tried not to get upset for her sake.She was even more spoilt for the last 18 months she was with us from diagnosis.She was 13 when diagnosed though and apart from a food allergy, had remained healthy most of her life.She always remained her bouncy self other than when it was warm and she'd have nap in the shade.

The only thought that kept me going was how she'd given me so many years of joy, it was my turn to return the favour and make her time with us as fun, relaxed and as loving as possible.

My thoughts are with you and you know where we are.

Hugs x
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:15 PM
so sorry

my old boy sam had cancer, but we didnt find out till it was too late and he died the next day

you have time to make the time he has left as special as possible, and make him a happy happy boy. (((hugs)))
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Thank you everybody xxx He's already looking older to me already, and so much more tired. He's so snuggly today and got such sadness in his eyes.

They can't do more tests until next Monday to determine which type it is, they say dogs will only live 4-6 weeks without treatment, I hope they get to him with the treatment in time. I hope he responds well to it and outlives their estimation.

Nice food, long brushing sessions and more walks every day are in order. Days out and snuggly nights in. I really am going to live my life for him now 100%, everyday.

My poor girl Keisha too, she has never spent a day apart from him since she was 12 weeks old
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Look at Cesars dog Daddy, he went through Chemo, lived till 16 didn't he, don't loose heart, try to stay strong for zeke xx
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »