Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Well I think you have the spelling wrong!! I googled it and came up with 'do you mean Vanessa Vegas' Can't wait to find out what it means myself, so hurry along there
Vasovagal?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_episode
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Just a thought, did the vet do an ECG on her to check her heart rhythm?? So glad to hear she is doing better.
Emma
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I haven't read all this thread yet just first and last but just wanted to send my love to you and Zena and to thank Elaine for posting this.

Hopefully you can get the bottom of this hun, I know how precious she is to you. I am now going to read the rest of the posts.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Oh Helen, what a nightmare - glad she's back to her normal self and I hope you get to the bottom of it... hoping it's nothing serious!

Poor thing I can imagine you must have been terrified!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 01:44 PM
I know JUne The way I spelled it, well, I had a whole page of you know what's so don't whatever you do spell it like this Vesa Vegas (I think, I spelled it so many ways in the end, can't remember Lol)!!!!! Blooming 'eck!!!! Quite shocking, even for an oldie like me, and then Google says did I want to see the whole lot so I declined on that one!!!!

Anyhooo, I did interestingly find a gsd breeder who has put up a whole article on SAS which can be inherited, but of course, I doubt that very, very much, my breeder is top class, and surely there would have been dogs further up the line with it if that is the case, but the symptoms do sound strikingly similar! It will only surface at around this age too because as the heart grows, so the condition arises! I can't speculate until Monday but I'm gonna ask him about that SAS!

Hi Lynne, thanks a million as always, and now that you mention about the snake bite, as she was lying next to me upside down, I caught sight of a white chunk taken out of one of her back paws???? It looks like the skin of a snake actually, it's all white, round, and on one of the pads about the size of half a 5p piece? Could that be nip of some kind? It hasn't punctured though, so that's no good is it?! I just pulled it off, it was a dead bit of skin but has left that strange white mark?? Maybe she's just trodden on something and it's scuffed it, but it's a deep scuff, but no blood kind of thing, and all the others are totally normal?! Mind boggling this is! Think I'm gonna have to get the magnifying glass out on that now!!! Poor Zena, she's trying to sleeeeeep here!!!!

Yes, going back to that SAS thing, the dogs suddenly collapse (but they're not sick!) for no apparent reason or after strenuous exercise, and they either get up and are quite normal again, or they just die on the spot, and that's just what I thought this morning, that she was gonna die on me, that's just how she looked lying on her side like that!

You know what I've always said about this little angel don'tcha, so it frightened me even more seeing her just collapse like that, it was truly sickening to my stomach, my mind was spinning with WTF is happening here I never thought she'd be back to her usual nutty self an hour later that's for sure, I had visions of wires and tubes and operations down at that vets, and instead of that, she dragged me outta there like the nutter she is! I can't tell you how relieved I am. I know we're not out of the woods until we rule out this heart business on Monday, then we'll go for the vasovegas or whatever it is (that apparently is neurological, but symptoms are sickness, collapse, then recovery, then normal,plus there's no cure!!!!).

Then again, I still harp back to that bloat, even if it was just excessive air intake, and thankfully, it didn't turn into the twisted bloat bit, and recovered itself (after my prayers of course!!!). I think I'm definitely going mad now!!!!! xxxxxx Thank goodness I never had kids!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Well now! that's just typicial of Zena then...having something we can't spell or even say

I was sitting here waiting for you to ring me, now why did I not think to have a look on here for an update...durr
Well it's another waiting game mate, till monday. I mean't to ask you about your vet doing an ecg or did I
Glad she, and you are feeling better now...what a day!!!!!!

Elaine xx
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Oh my goodness, poor you, poor Zena - hugs from us too x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 02:40 PM
just read through the whole thread. what a scary, horrible time for you! hope you find out what happened and that it is nothing serious. big hugs to you and zena. xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 02:46 PM
How scary for you Helena, I've got everything crossed that its nothing serious and that your darling Zena remains happy and healthy for many years to come.

One thing that did occur to me though, what was the timing of these episodes either side of her season? The reason I ask is that I thought Tawny was fitting, she had all sorts of tests and they put it down to her hormones several weeks after her season. She was speyed as soon as possible afterwards and never had another episode.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 03:27 PM
It couldnt be a rapid drop in blood sugar could it?

some of what you describe reminds me of royce when he had diabetes,

not that Im saying thats what shes got, but some young dogs can have a sudden drop when they push themself hard
Page 6 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »