Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Another vote for the Doblo here.
I only have a russell, but the first time I got it - some five years back, we were approached as we got out at Southend by someone with a couple of Newfies who was looking for a new car - head and width.
I let them in the boot, no problem. Didn't even fold the seats. Got the up and over hatch door - not the bi opening ones.
We have a diesel and regularly get 55 to a gallon.
Mine has the up and over tailgate as well....think it comes as standard on the Dynamic model (along with CD player, air con, alloys etc). And headroom is no problem at all...the dogs have loads of room in it from all aspects. The rear windows at the boot also 'pop' open so great for airflow without freezing the butts of those in the front
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Thankyou everyone and for the pictures very helpful.
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm liking your Car IsoChick ... Mmmm do I need to change my car? .....

I have a Vauxhall Zafira and there is plenty of headroom which was one of the requirements I had when looking for a 'Berger Bus' I have had 5 Leo's in mine (only on a very short journey tho!!!) I have to admit as much as I love my Zafira, for two giant breeds it isn't ideal, especially when one of them decides he needs to stretch out, but for one giant breed its perfect, plenty of head room and windows to watch the world go bywhich is Seth's favourite past time in the car as he generally has to sit up cos the Berger takes up all the room!

I like the Chrysler Voyager, fantastic to drive, plenty of room, just need a small fortune to buy one and run it!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by DippyLeo View Post
I'm liking your Car IsoChick ... Mmmm do I need to change my car? .....

I have a Vauxhall Zafira and there is plenty of headroom which was one of the requirements I had when looking for a 'Berger Bus' I have had 5 Leo's in mine (only on a very short journey tho!!!) I have to admit as much as I love my Zafira, for two giant breeds it isn't ideal, especially when one of them decides he needs to stretch out, but for one giant breed its perfect, plenty of head room and windows to watch the world go bywhich is Seth's favourite past time in the car as he generally has to sit up cos the Berger takes up all the room!

I like the Chrysler Voyager, fantastic to drive, plenty of room, just need a small fortune to buy one and run it!
Won't be getting one of the myself either then.
Have been thinking about Zafiras aswell as I only have one large boy.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I have a 7 seater zafira and i have the back 2 seats down and i can get mums St Bernard in my car no problems. I have a ramp he can use but he has not yet just jumps in...lol
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I have a 7 seater toyota lucida which is an import car and has massives of room. *I use this when we all go out for the day, dogs, hubby and kids.

But i have just bought a peugeot 206sw. Its a very small car with a hatch and its perfect. If its just me i can get both newfs in no problem for vet trips etc and running around. Its so cheap on petrol and is a godsend running up and down to Swindon twice a week to a vets and jess is really comfortable in the back. I do put one of the split seats down though and really only use it to nip about in with the dogs.

I wanted a chrysler voyager and found one that was perfect. But i had to take the whole back seat out to get the dogs in and i couldn't be bothered with all that.

The toyota we have all the seats move around and just fold up which is really good for most situations.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thanks Julie that is the other one we were thinking about, the man up the road with the great dane and lab has just got one and he said there is bags of room width ways and head room.
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Another vote for the Doblo here.
I only have a russell, but the first time I got it - some five years back, we were approached as we got out at Southend by someone with a couple of Newfies who was looking for a new car - head and width.
I let them in the boot, no problem. Didn't even fold the seats. Got the up and over hatch door - not the bi opening ones.
We have a diesel and regularly get 55 to a gallon.
I would vote for the Doblo too. I went to Redcar with a friend of mine who was meeting the breeder of her Spinone. This woman turned up in a Doblo and 3 Spin's popped out of the boot! Definitely tonnes of room in the Doblo and one I would consider myself in the future!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
I have a 7 seat zafira which is fine for my leo and gsd pup (i can fit a small cage in for the pup which leaves enough room for Sasha to lie down but not stretch). Its a 1.6 petrol and is actually not bad on mpg. I'm actually looking to change to a doblo when the pennies allow. I'll be going for the 1.3 diesel as its a multijet engine and is low insurance. I like the fact that the seats come out also.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I have a Scenic...plenty of room for 2 large dogs to lie down comfortably.
turborange
New Member!
Male 

12-07-2008, 03:16 PM
we have a few cars volvo estate, discovery and rangerover classic. We also have access to newer rangerover P38A. This is quite good down to the fact that it has air suspension so you can lower the car quite alot. It does around 60 miles for £10 of fuel which is bearable for a 4.6ltr V8. We can get a rotti and 2 labs in the boot. The rrc and disco are the same but height is the only issue however none of our dogs have any issues getting in them. The disco is considerly lower than the rrc but the volvo estate comes in the lowest with its factory sports suspension.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >