View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions really helpful. Might have to be put on hold for a while now due to some unforeseen circumstances, but worth remembering as it will have to be replaced in the near future.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I have the older style Ford Balaxy & its great have the back caged but have also taken out one of the seats from the next row as Dax can't manage a ramp & its easier in the side door.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Some good ideas many thanks have quite a few options to think about.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Astra Estate here, goes on forever and ever, never breaks down, never goes wrong. Have the back seats down permanently, a proper dog guard fitted behind front seats, dog has all the room he needs, two big dogs even got lost in the back there, so I find it ideal. Mine's old and tatty now, but it serves its purpose for tip runs and Georgie runs! We would have updated it a bit but what's the point, it goes well, does its job so it's staying until it dies. I will say, you'd be hard pressed to find a good 2nd hand one coz they are sooooo sought after by workmen coz of their reliability
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi Lynn

I have a Fiat Doblo...it's not the prettiest car but it is the perfect dog-mobile. It can fit my tow in the boot (without having to fold the rear seats) easily so I can carry the dogs and a full load of passengers when necessary. With the rear seats folded, my two plus Tickle easily fitted in there (with room to spare for another Newf ). Mine is the 1.9 turbo diesel but I think they come in 1.3 as well. It's pretty economical (I do a fair few miles with work and can get 50+ miles to the gallon) and cheap to insure.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Astra Estate here, goes on forever and ever, never breaks down, never goes wrong. Have the back seats down permanently, a proper dog guard fitted behind front seats, dog has all the room he needs, two big dogs even got lost in the back there, so I find it ideal. Mine's old and tatty now, but it serves its purpose for tip runs and Georgie runs! We would have updated it a bit but what's the point, it goes well, does its job so it's staying until it dies. I will say, you'd be hard pressed to find a good 2nd hand one coz they are sooooo sought after by workmen coz of their reliability
Thanks Helena its not just the width its the head room also his head almost touches the roof when he sits up now, so I need head room for him as well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by ShaynLola View Post
Hi Lynn

I have a Fiat Doblo...it's not the prettiest car but it is the perfect dog-mobile. It can fit my tow in the boot (without having to fold the rear seats) easily so I can carry the dogs and a full load of passengers when necessary. With the rear seats folded, my two plus Tickle easily fitted in there (with room to spare for another Newf ). Mine is the 1.9 turbo diesel but I think they come in 1.3 as well. It's pretty economical (I do a fair few miles with work and can get 50+ miles to the gallon) and cheap to insure.
Thanks Julie that is the other one we were thinking about, the man up the road with the great dane and lab has just got one and he said there is bags of room width ways and head room.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Another vote for the Doblo here.
I only have a russell, but the first time I got it - some five years back, we were approached as we got out at Southend by someone with a couple of Newfies who was looking for a new car - head and width.
I let them in the boot, no problem. Didn't even fold the seats. Got the up and over hatch door - not the bi opening ones.
We have a diesel and regularly get 55 to a gallon.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2008, 05:57 PM
We have a grandis, both the leo's can fit in with the 2 back seats down, with room to move and plenty of head space.
Plus when needed we have upto 7 seats to accomodate passengers, which is handy when you have a party etc to go to.
Our is a 2.5 and our dogs can climb in without any problems.
Usually tob sits and hol stands but has the room to sit as well, which gives you an idea of space inside.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-07-2008, 06:01 PM
We have a Citroen Berlingo Desiree . Lots of height for my really tall boys and room for the two without having to put any seats down. Air vents which blow air to where they are in the back and two lots of windows both of which open. Here is a pic for you Lynn.

Think it is also low enough for your boy to get in and out no probs and as a bonus LOL is comfortable for humans too.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >