Female 

31-10-2011, 01:07 PM
No.

He avoids unknown people.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 01:27 PM
I didn't ever worry about Sam, he would bark at strangers who approached the house and wasn't really one to go near other people. I used to leave him sitting on the drive whilst I did chores, he wouldn't go off our property and if anyone came near he would let me know.

Cooper I do worry about, he is super friendly and if someone clipped a lead on him I think he would go with them.
A lot of people grab his collar when we are out and I really don't like it, It just shows how easy it would be to grab him and go.

Becka doesn't do strangers and they would have to find Harry first
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
I didn't ever worry about Sam, he would bark at strangers who approached the house and wasn't really one to go near other people. I used to leave him sitting on the drive whilst I did chores, he wouldn't go off our property and if anyone came near he would let me know.

Cooper I do worry about, he is super friendly and if someone clipped a lead on him I think he would go with them.
A lot of people grab his collar when we are out and I really don't like it, It just shows how easy it would be to grab him and go.

Becka doesn't do strangers and they would have to find Harry first
You must really avoid a slender woman, skeletal, pale skin, bulging distended eyes, hair that is black on the right side and white on the left, skintight black dress, red opera gloves, enormous cream-colored fur coat with red lining...
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
You must really avoid a slender woman, skeletal, pale skin, bulging distended eyes, hair that is black on the right side and white on the left, skintight black dress, red opera gloves, enormous cream-colored fur coat with red lining...
I *think* she only goes for Puppies .....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
I don't worry about my car being stolen, even when I had a flash one, or my handbag.

They are easy replaced.

I did not worry too much about the things stolen from my house except my dog. The others were just things.

But now it has happened and I have felt the pain I would not want to go through it again.

I never thought it would happen with the dogs I had in the house.

It was horrible to see Millie when she had been well kicked and they had used the child gate (I believe by her reaction when I picked it up) to hurt her and lock her ina hot conseratory.
So now I worry
Hardly surprising after that horrific experience you had So glad you got your puppy back, but what a nightmare, especially with what they did to your other poor little dog You have every reason to worry, once bitten and all that, we learn through experiences both the good and the bad.

I worry about mine being stolen, that's why I would never leave them unattended anywhere, not even in the car, not anywhere ever! I value them far too much to risk it, and I'm always on the lookout for iffy characters when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, one of which I saw the other morning cleaning his teeth on the top of Cissbury Hill, middle of nowhere, rucksack on his back, scruffy as an old tramp but thankfully, he wasn't interested in my dog, only his teeth!

Zena turns into a monster in the back of the car if I'm not in it, so I'd like to see them try, same goes for our boundaries, she would go mental at them, and I've seen her in full aggression mode and it aint pretty! It scares me to even think about that look on her face with them teef! No, methinks sometimes I worry too much, but I just don't chance anything.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 01:43 PM
spotty ones..........
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I did once have someone try to break into my home-don't know if it was just to steal property or the dogs, however they came unstuck as the room that had an open window & internal grill that they attempted to enter through was my bedroom & on my bed directly under the window was my Protection trained GSD. He was a very tall dog(31 inches + at the shoulder)& the blood trail & what he"passed"the next day gave rise to the police thinking he had separated the would be house breaker from the ends of his fingers !!

I never stop my dogs barking when anyone comes to the bungalow & I just let people think my dogs are not friendly I also don't stop them barking at people when they are in the van alone(in locked crates)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I, like millions of others, leave my dogs in the car unattended all the time.

Anyone who competes in any sphere and has more than one dog has to.

If we could NEVER leave our dogs unattended in the car or the home, many of us would never have pets.

It is like most things, the PERCEPTION of danger often outweighs the REALLITY.

Oh, and I value my dogs just as much as anyone who NEVER leaves them unattended!

If not more!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I did once have someone try to
I never stop my dogs barking when anyone comes to the bungalow & I just let people think my dogs are not friendly
Agree with this ..

When strangers come to the home or workman in the home i never ever comment on how friendly they are ..

If asked are they ok ..
''when i ask them to be''
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >