Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 08:02 AM

Breaking News for Dogsey peeps

Well as some of you may know we were always looking for a 4th dog, but we had decided that another collie wouldn't be it but we would look for a JRT.
Well fate as always poked her nose... and Liverbird contacted me via pm about a Collie pup that was in the pound in Derby,(photos attached).
We we rang the pound they told us that they had been swopping her kennels and name as they only have a 7 day policy as its council strays and they didn't want her to be taken to be PTS as the rescues were full.
I went over yesterday and got her....thank you to Elaineb's husband Chris who kindly offered to come over from Runcorn and take me as Pat was working, it took us ages to find the place but nevertheless we did, and Chris and Elaine were on the road from 8.30 till 7.30 last night when they got home

The transition is still in process, Skye being the one who's being a moody c*w but then we knew that would be the case.
Bruce is baring teeth and growling but he isn't doing anything and because Tess (thats what we called her)knows this she is trying to instigate play.
Reah has taken it all in her stride and last night the sleeping arrangements were Reah and Tess on the quilt in the kitchen, Bruce had the chair in the living room and we kept Skye with us, incase our FS got up in the night and opened any doors. The night went peaceful not a sound
She has worked out that if she gets behind Reah when Skye is being a mare.....one long low growl from Reah, usually works and she is safe to stay where she is so that didn't take long for her to know her allies
She isn't house trained but picked up really quick the word wee and when we go out I say it and she complies (fabby) over night I had one poo and one wee by the back door.
She is fine with the cats and visa-versa and the chickens/furries etc.,
And last but not least she is HUGE in size, she has legs like tree trunks her muscles are bulging like Mike Tyson, and she is built like a tank.

So I know Elaine popped up some pics of her asking you to guess who's dogs but I will pop up some more.

So welcome Tess
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Congrats on the new addition, I saw her pics in the other thread and she is gorgeous, and she has collie smarts if she already knows where to go for protection .
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Awwwwww welcome to Tess xxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Glad you had a peaceful night sis. She is a lovely pup and I know that she will have a long and happy life with you and yours!.

Shall I post up the rest of the pics now then??

xxxxx

The long drive was worth all the effort just to see her...Welcome Tess and looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow.

xx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Oh good---I lurve happy endings. That is one lucky Tess-pup.

Have fun!

rune
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-03-2010, 08:19 AM
She looks and sounds adorable babe

Congrats x x x x x x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Welcome to Dogsey Tess.

I have seen her pictures in the other thread and she looks adorable. Congratulations on your new addition.

A very lucky pup.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Oh this has been lovely to follow!! Tess looks like the sweetest (if not largest! ) pup ever!

Elaine what a star you are!! This whole story is just so heart-warming!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Great news! Congratulations xx
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Bless you for adopting her ! she's landed on her paws. I am just off to have a look at the pics now...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »