Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 09:03 AM

Itchy shaving rash on tummy?

poor Tilly is so itchy on her tummy, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to soothe it? The fur is starting to grow back where she was shaved for her op & she's not touching the scar & it's healing nicely but has this little rash on the shaved bit which is why I think it's from where she was shaved.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 10:22 AM
You really don't want to put anything on it, it will bring her attention to the stitches,
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
You really don't want to put anything on it, it will bring her attention to the stitches,
Good point thanks I know how she feels though, like when you give birth & they shave your lady garden, it itches like mad when it grows back.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi Suzie I agree with Inky, don't touch the area at all just keep an eye on it to make sure there is no infection (no angry skin / weeping).

You really don't want to draw attention to the area, if Tilly starts to show an interest in the scar distract her with a toy or play. The area around the scar should soon settle down on its own
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Suzie I agree with Inky, don't touch the area at all just keep an eye on it to make sure there is no infection (no angry skin / weeping).

You really don't want to draw attention to the area, if Tilly starts to show an interest in the scar distract her with a toy or play. The area around the scar should soon settle down on its own
Thanks Mini - I have checked it's not the stitches or the scar she's going for & it's not, that all looks fine,its more the shaved bit, which is quite a big square & that's where the rash is. She's also itching the shaved bit on her paw where she had the injection.
I s'pose I could always put the dreaded buster collar back on if she continues to scratch.