View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 09:18 PM
My vote for wood too - oak is gorgeous in particular, and Steve is the man in the know for sure - his bamboo recommendation is an excellent option too.

xmc
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks Guys,
Don't get me wrong i do like wooden floors but i thought they would prove more difficult to keep clean.
The last house we were in we had laminate and it wasn't to bad.
Looks like taking a trip to town to spend hubby's hard earned cash
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Hi ya

Just make sure it has filler applied inbetween the joints of the wood so that it's easy to clean, any good installer will do this once the wood has settled - it's a tedious task but the floor will look nicer over time

P.S. Wood flooring can increase the value of a house, and make it more sellable...laminate adds nothing to the value unfortunately.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 08:55 AM
We've got the Oak Uniclick (?) it was the top end of the range but cheaper than real wood ( we couldn't afford to do the whole ground floor )Its grooved to look like planks and has a textured finish -Its been down two and a half years now and still looks like new
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
We've got the Oak Uniclick (?) it was the top end of the range but cheaper than real wood ( we couldn't afford to do the whole ground floor )Its grooved to look like planks and has a textured finish -Its been down two and a half years now and still looks like new

I have just had this uniclick put down this week. Went to a really posh wooden floor company with every intention of getting real wooden floor laid. However, the owner told us to get this uniclick as it better wearing if you have dogs - looks fab!!!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Ooh Good choice Otis
thats why we got it - our man told us the dogs claws would dinge the wood -I tried all kinds on the sample piece of this stuff and couldn't mark it at all
We're made up with it
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Laminate is good, but it can peel at the edges if you know what i mean.

In my living room, i have half carpet and half laminate
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2