Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
I have a guitar made by Suzuki (or a subsidiary thereof) - I used to think they only made motor bikes! Now I find that they make beer, too ("Kirin")!

I've never had a problem with things made by Sony (except for the price!) - my Sony TV lasted 15 years, and many of my hifi separates are Sony - again, no probs! I suppose there's always a rogue in the batch! (Like a Foxy in DW???)

Snorri

Well we bought a brand new Sony video a few years ago when they were very expensive - think we paid over £400 for it and the tape heads went after about 4 months - and they were repaired and then they went again and it was meant to have new tape heads in about 4 or 5 times and they still kept going. I also had a Sony CD stereo and that lasted under two years before the tape deck packed up on it so I have never bought anything Sony since.

Are you calling me a rogue Snorri - well you certainly know who your friends are
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Well we bought a brand new Sony video a few years ago when they were very expensive - think we paid over £400 for it and the tape heads went after about 4 months - and they were repaired and then they went again and it was meant to have new tape heads in about 4 or 5 times and they still kept going. I also had a Sony CD stereo and that lasted under two years before the tape deck packed up on it so I have never bought anything Sony since.

Are you calling me a rogue Snorri - well you certainly know who your friends are
I had the same problem with a VCR, too, and it was an AIWA (it was supposed to be "top of the range" and set us back nearly £500 in 1992)! Tape heads are very susceptible if they are used on "long play" a lot. This saves on tape, but it wears the heads out PDQ. I have a Sony CD player, too (one of the big separate ones), which is both reliable and provides good reproduction, it's been running for over 4 years now. It's partnered by a twin-deck Sony tape machine, a Sony tuner and Cambridge Audio A5 amplifier (which would also have been a Sony, if one had been available at the time).

A rogue? Foxy? If the cap fits.............................................. .....

Snorri
x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2