Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2012, 10:03 PM

Stray dog

was out with ben yesterday,and i noticed a staffie without its owner. poor boy was underweight.and taking a bit of notice of be. wasnt too sure about ben as when hes on the lead he can be a pain in the butt, but he was ok, i offered this dog 1 of bens treats but he just wasnt interested, and shyed away from a stroke.he skittered off before i could do anything else about him. but got a feeling he hadnt been treated well by his owners. not used to affection. i would of taken him home. but wasnt sure on how ben would of reacted with another dog (with all his bits as well) also got 2 cats.
maybe he was last years xmas presant. no longer wanted
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2012, 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
was out with ben yesterday,and i noticed a staffie without its owner. poor boy was underweight.and taking a bit of notice of be. wasnt too sure about ben as when hes on the lead he can be a pain in the butt, but he was ok, i offered this dog 1 of bens treats but he just wasnt interested, and shyed away from a stroke.he skittered off before i could do anything else about him. but got a feeling he hadnt been treated well by his owners. not used to affection. i would of taken him home. but wasnt sure on how ben would of reacted with another dog (with all his bits as well) also got 2 cats.
maybe he was last years xmas presant. no longer wanted
Please don't make assumptions. Many dogs will fight shy of a stranger and if he had been short on food he would have grabbed the treat.

And please don't kidnap a dog. Keep a wary eye out.

Here in Ireland many dogs roam free and so easy to make assumptions; there was one choc lab that attached itself to me at market. Stole my sandwiches too and it would have been easy to assume it was lost. Asked a local and sure enough it was owned etc; just left to roam.