Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 09:15 AM

Starting Heel work to music classes

Loki and I are starting heel work to music classes on wednesday, I am really looking forward to it and think Loki will love it! I have already started teaching him some basic moves like Twist, bow, crawl etc and its going to be just me and the instructor and her two dogs to start with as she is starting the class as I cant attend her other one!
I really think Loki will benifit from such a small class!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Good wishes. I hope you and Loki find it great fun.

Sometimes the dogs look at you as thought you have gone quite insane, but they soon get the idea
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-08-2006, 06:55 AM
http://video.google.fr/videoplay?doc...=martine+loots

A training video with a "dangerous" NVBK ringdog trained to bite with E-collar

Greetings

Johan
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Very good

Could not quite see - was the handler holding a lure?
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi Hannah Good luck and hope you enjoy your classes
"Move overy Mary Wray"
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Goo9d luck with it and look forward to hearing how you get on. Do you know or anyone know of a class in Carlisle area as I would love to do it, always loved to watch it but no idea where to start? xx
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Very good

Could not quite see - was the handler holding a lure?
Nope in NVBK there are a few moments a dog is supposed to do something. It helps if he doesn't do it to have a body signal that indicates the dog to change possition

That's it

Rest no lure, no food, only solid training by a top trainer

Greetings

Johan
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks everyone, will let you all know how we get on! Am really looking forward to it!

Originally Posted by petebren
Goo9d luck with it and look forward to hearing how you get on. Do you know or anyone know of a class in Carlisle area as I would love to do it, always loved to watch it but no idea where to start? xx
I just did a search for Heel work to music and the area i.e 'heel-work-to-music-cornwall' and went through the sites that came up emailed lots of people and eventually found some really helpful people and the trainer I will be training with, hope you find a good traininer in your area!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Didn't realise you had booked it! hope its lots of fun!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Had our first session last night, it was brilliant we both got alot out of it! I was really impressed with the trainer and her methods of teaching, she assesed Loki's personality and what methods would work best with him excellently, she either knew the breed or had researched it before seeing us as she commented on alot of there characteristics and took them into consideration which was a refreshing change!
I showed her what he could already do and we worked on the basics what possitions he needed to know to start the heel work and how to teach them to him using a wall as an aid to get him where I want him, such a simple method but really effective and not one Id have thought of!

It was brilliant as its a new class she has started because I cant get to her other one and she is renting for the whole evening but only uses it til 8pm, so has started this class at 8-9pm and at the moment I am the only one going so basically get one on one training for and hour for £4 which I think is very good! Also she doesnt mind talking about and addressing anything Im having problems with even if its not related to heel work, she worked wonders with Loki's barking! And she was looking after a Ute pup so I got to meet my first Ute in the flesh, all in all a great night!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >