View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2006, 09:17 PM

Personal Protection Questions (Do you do it? With what dogs? etc)

Anyone doing personal protection with their dogs? What kind of work are you doing? What kind of dog do you have and what can he do?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

26-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Just a quick note: Please don't turn this thread into a debate about PP work. If you want to debate it start a thread in the discussions section -this section is for those that do do PP work/training
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

26-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Just an additional note to say that DogLady is talking about PP work, trained Personal Protection work, she's not really asking about people who merely have dogs with a protective instinct (thats a seperate issue in itself).
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2006, 01:58 AM
I don't think there are many, if any, members who have professionally trained personal protection dogs - unless you are refering to Schutzhund? There are a few who train for and participate in that sport
DogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2006, 05:01 AM
this section is for those that do do PP work/training

with all respect I am asking a question if anyone does pp work and what kind of dogs do they have, you stated above this section is for pp work /training? Please correct me if I'm not understanding.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2006, 05:23 AM
Your question is fine Doglady

eRaze was just pointing out that you asked about working/trained personal protection dogs, not about the natural protective instinct that is present in many non-trained dogs. This was done in order to prevent the thread going off-topic or becoming a debate on the pros and cons of PP
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-02-2006, 04:20 PM
I train Belgian Ring NVBK which is the oldest form off patroldog training around. It is not PP as such but our dogs do all the jobs a policedog has to do including the part where they have to defend the handler and building searches. If you give me a sample off a particular drug i can even let him do a drug search without additional training. I do this training with a Malinois

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...d/IMAG0003.jpg

Falco here 6 weeks is my newest Malinois Now 9 weeks and since 5 weeks in training for Belgian Ring only 24 months to go

Greetings

Johan
DogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2006, 01:45 AM
I have not heard of NVBK, is it anything like KNVP?
Your training takes alot of dedication, congrats on all that you acomplished.
Are you a patroman?
You stated the dog can do drug search without any training? Does all his other trianing help that. or is it because you have taught him to search.
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by DogLady
I have not heard of NVBK, is it anything like KNVP?
Your training takes alot of dedication, congrats on all that you acomplished.
Are you a patroman?
You stated the dog can do drug search without any training? Does all his other trianing help that. or is it because you have taught him to search.

NVBK is one off the 3 styles off Belgian Ring

you've got
Kennel club= the oldest
Saint Hubert= FCI recognised
NVBK= the youngest quasi only Ringsport

for more on nvbk see www.nvbk.org

About the drugsearch one off the things we learn is identifying a scent.

And no i'm no police officer i'm a civilian

Greetings

Johan
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Schutzhund and IPO for me, with a slight touch of French Ring My working dog also happens to be a Swedish Vallhund that measures 34 cm at the shoulders People laugh till they see how serious he is, well even then they titter behind hands I'm one of those who believe that any dog should be allowed in if he/she has the character and will. My boy has just gotten to the point that he can clear a meter and 10 cm, roughly 4 times his height (bit less) so he really goes for it Still not enough to compete though.

Canis Panther that is some dog!!! Have the Rock of Ages website bookmarked, one day. It's my dream to have a proper working dog at some point, but for the time being I have to be satisfied with my Tamino and we'll give it a go with the future Standard Poodle
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >