Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 05:22 PM

Poor Lily & Poor Me :(

She managed to cut her front leg (armpit) last week, no idea how but she's into everything when we're out, she just has to go under every bush, leap every fallen twig, investigate . . .well everything it was just a small one that didn't go right through her skin so I treated it at home and it seemed to healing OK

We went walkies yesterday and she's managed not only to open it but make it worse, it's now about an inch long and right through her skin

Been out to investigate but couldn't see anything obvious that could do it

Took her to the vets today, came away with some antibiotics and an appointment for her to go in on Monday to be stitched up They couldn't do it today as she's had her breakfast

I'm dreading it I remember Kiara doing something similar last year and I posted on here about how to keep a bandage on and got some good tips but it's the week of restricted exercise I'm sooo not looking forward to - I did try and explain to the vet that she's a Cocker and doesn't do anything restricted but he just laughed and wished me luck
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh you poor thing........I really do sympathise having just been through a no exercise period with Jimmi, and we are still not up to full walking time. It is a nightmare isn't it because they just don't understand.

I feel for you having to wait until Monday before the stitching can be done, and wonder why they could not have done it tomorrow? I know that it's Saturday, but having to wait all weekend does not seem good, especially when any movement at all is bound to keep opening the wound up.

Once again, poor you.......and poor Lily.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 06:45 PM
The vet said he wanted the biotics to kick in before he closed it up
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh what a pain!! Poor Lily and poor you as you say. I hope once she's been stitched it heals very quickly.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 09:05 PM
All im going to say is.......good luck!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
that's just naughty
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Your support is always appreciated

It was better than my dad's though . . . his 'idea' was instead of restricting her to strap her whole leg to her body so she couldn't move it for a week

I'd be banned for repeating what I said to him
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Your support is always appreciated

It was better than my dad's though . . . his 'idea' was instead of restricting her to strap her whole leg to her body so she couldn't move it for a week

I'd be banned for repeating what I said to him
Oh you poor thing. I must admit to having contemplated hobbling my pointer when she was supposed to be resting!!!