Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2008, 07:39 AM

Why would you do this?

Have just seen 'Lhamatian' (Lhasa Apso/Dalmatian) puppies for sale. Why would you cross such a big dog with such a small one? Please don't try and tell me it was accidental.

There are some sick, sick people around.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 08:13 AM
I just hope Mum was the dally!! It really gets my goat this 'cross' breeds! (My grandparents had Xbreeds btw and they were called mutts and were wonderful )
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2008, 08:19 AM
I really don't mind cross breeds, in fact I've had such dogs most of my life... What I DO mind is that people are putting a designer name to them, and then selling them for more than the pedigree of either dog.. And... of course... none of the bred dogs have any papers, so they could be cross breds as well...

Cheers
Lene
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Lene View Post
I really don't mind cross breeds, in fact I've had such dogs most of my life... What I DO mind is that people are putting a designer name to them, and then selling them for more than the pedigree of either dog.. And... of course... none of the bred dogs have any papers, so they could be cross breds as well...

Cheers
Lene
My sentiments exactly... also there is the health checks too, I believe that Dallies can have certain things they need to be checked for?
I have nothing against cross breeds, my family has been keeping them for years, but sell them as they are... cross breeds, not designer names at designer prices
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 10:02 AM
They cross JRTs and Italian Greyhounds with Dalmatians in America... in order to get...

Mini Dalmatians Perlease
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm not saying I mind cross breeds, it's the difference in size of the parent dogs I object to. It's as though they are trying to make a mini dalmatian.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
I do mind deliberate breeding of cross breeds but that's a different subject for a different day.

Lets hope the Mum was the larger Dog.. idiot owners.

Before anyone has a go at me...I don't dislike cross breeds...its the breeding of them that pees me off
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 12:26 PM
I agree totally with everything said. There is such an advert on a well-known website over here with a pic. It looks like a rough Dalmatian with a curled over tail and smudges instead of spots.
Health tests on Dalmatians are mainly limited to the BAER hearing test (not available in Ireland), although some do eye testing the breed clubs have not taken a stance on that yet. Elbows and hips have never been done, as far as I know.
Cross breeds sell for more than pedigree's over here.