View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Sick of having the dog scare the crud out of me but my room seems to be the "safe zone." Both odd happens in there and I believe it has to do with the crosses I have over my door and bed, that one was my niece's idea. If things get serious I can go with my niece until I find somewhere else. I know it can't be the odd old owner for all the locks have been changed and the garage door is kept locked. My room also has a different feel to it, a feeling I can 't explain but it isn't bad. The animals seem somewhat calmer after the sage burning although Renegade, my one horse, is still pretty twitchy.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2013, 12:40 AM
First two or three years of living in my house,my dog acted strangely occasionally.In the utility ( wash room) she would spend a lot time in there,looking up towards the Corner of the room,tail wagging and doggie talking to nothing as far as I could see.She wasn't easily distracted while she was in there and I had to lift her to get her into the other room,would close the door and she'd cry to get back in.We have half glass doors and one day I saw a man( dressed in clothes from long ago) well dressed in coat and hat,he walked past the door,I seen him clearly and he went through into the garage,I mean straight through the door.Another day I heard a woman singing and playing the guitar very clearly,never heard the song before but could tell it was a holy song.I wasn't afraid,but am 100% sure of what I saw and heard....My house is next to a field,there is a little bridge in there,practically on my drive,a landmark because its all thats left on the old railway line.Way back,a long time ago they was a tragic accident,among the dead were Sunday school children and their teacher,I truly believe that's who was singing in my house.I told this to someone and they explained to me that these spirits weren't actually in my house,they were on their on path,couldn't see me,my house just happened to be there.I haven't seen anything since and Lacey never goes in that room anymore,passes through on her way for a pee but that's it.People might think I'm nuts but I really don't care I know what I seen and heard.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Many years ago my father and I went to Rhode Island USA to stay with my aunt and uncle who lived in a very old house. For the month my father was there he slept in a bedroom which had been added as an extension to the back of the house and when he went back to the UK I took over the room.

Even though it was August with temperatures of around 90F the room was always freezing cold and at night I couldn't sleep because I was haunted by someone standing by the bed and more often than not I read until 3am before falling into a exhausted sleep. I never mentioned this to my aunt and uncle but when I got back to the UK some two months later I told my father about my experience. He said the same thing had happened to him but when he spoke to my uncle he refused to discuss the subject.

Some ten years later when my cousin and her husband went to stay with my aunt and uncle they also had slept in the same bedroom and had the same experience. (Neither my father nor I had ever told them about what had happened to us). This time though my cousin did managed to to get an explanation which was that the bedroom extension had been built on the site of an American Indian graveyard!

I do believe that there are places inhabited by spirits past which we as humans are often unaware of but can be sensed by dogs and other animals. I live in a village dating back to 1450 and my late Shar-Pei flatly refused to walk past an abandoned house in the nearby woods. And she wouldn't go within 200 yards of the cemetery... as soon as she spotted the headstones she'd dig her heels in, turn round and drag me home!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi Maybe you have ghost,I was at a client late,very old building,and was right at the top of the building,it is used for filing etc,anyway I was sitting at desk,when I heard a noise,one of the filing drawers was opening and shutting,and then another one started,didnt wait to see if anymore started,but even in modern offices,a Bank in London were running there statements,it was in the days when computers were in there infancy,anyway the thousands of statements were sent,the following morning,the phones rang non stop,with people saying that the statements were wrong,some didnt because they had an extra nought added.But it resulted in a large operation of why,three months down the line,it had to do with nylon,the female staff were wearing nylon knickers,the carpet had a lot of nylon in it,and the result was like a charge and sent the computers into a frenzy,so they changed the carpet and it never happened again,but ghosts and computers do have a link,its electricity or some form of it that causes these strange happenings,a poltergiest is a form of energy and for whatever reason it has a surge and you get strange happenings.Gemini54
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Sorry I somehow managed to duplicate this message!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2013, 12:29 PM
My Mother's sister who lives in USA adopted two full blooded Native American kids (now in their 30's). They have traced their relatives and often go back to their settlements. They are not a nasty 'breed' of people and they loved their animals. It'll be really interesting to follow this thread and see what happens. There is always the possibility that some of the victims of the battle were buried on your plot? Good luck and I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2013, 04:31 PM
And I'm just astonished to see so many here who 'believe in ghosts'!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
And I'm just astonished to see so many here who 'believe in ghosts'!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Nice one Malka
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2013, 09:45 PM
When my friend, I'll call her Janet here, came by everything seemed to changed. The atmosphere went from calm to the sort of calm you feel before a storm. Janet, with my help, planted fruit trees by the barn, pastures and the house. Then she burned tobacco as an offering to the spirits, the Rees as well are ment as an offering to them. Things got really calm after that. I still feel uneasy though, can't explain why but I just do.
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »