Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Dogsey members are the best!

You are all so lovely, there for a shoulder to cry on, listen to grumbles and brighten the day!

I am used to painful joints - had arthroscopy's done on both knees when I was 16 to repair ligaments and tendons, before that had tenasinavitis (sp?) in my left wrist which unlike my mum I grew out of, she had surgery on hers.

I am not particularly worried, more annoyed really!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Dogsey members are the best!

You are all so lovely, there for a shoulder to cry on, listen to grumbles and brighten the day!

I am used to painful joints - had arthroscopy's done on both knees when I was 16 to repair ligaments and tendons, before that had tenasinavitis (sp?) in my left wrist which unlike my mum I grew out of, she had surgery on hers.

I am not particularly worried, more annoyed really!
It's the frustration of it more than anything. Big hugs xx
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 07:33 PM
AW Trish really sorry hope its not too bad. I had similar then it got worse, pins and needles thingy in foot, mine was in the left foot then pain and so on began now i find out its arthritis, yuk I have spinal stenosis, your probolem could come from the back, (Im no dr so hope yours can sort you out) Im on Tramadol which helps mask the pain a bit but only take half quantity when i have the Grandchildren in case i go woozy when caring for them so am in lots of pain, hands ok though although one or two joints getting ugly shapes, pain inleft thumb area too and now ankles getting really sore and occasionally fall, nice eh and im only 21!!!!!! i wish, anyway thinking of you and lots of hugs
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2006, 08:02 PM
You could try Glucosamine Sulphate I have been taking it for years, because my mum suffered with Arthritis and I didnt want to end up the same way, and so far so good.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Have just seen the doctor - he said to see how things go and if it carries will think about blood tests. I said I was concerened about arthritis, he said as there was no obvious swelling or anything and it is pretty new there is little point doing anything. He also said if I keep waking with my hands stiff and sore that would be reason to go back.

I don't want to have anything wrong, but I left feeling kind of deflated - does that make sense?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Oh I get this - soreness and stiffness in the knuckle and fingers on waking. . I thought it was part of the ME but maybe it isn't. Horrid isn't it?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Have just seen the doctor - he said to see how things go and if it carries will think about blood tests. I said I was concerened about arthritis, he said as there was no obvious swelling or anything and it is pretty new there is little point doing anything. He also said if I keep waking with my hands stiff and sore that would be reason to go back.

I don't want to have anything wrong, but I left feeling kind of deflated - does that make sense?
Yes, it makes sense Trish. You were hoping for a diagnosis and something to be done about it. Makes you feel daft for going if you're anything like me. Just make sure you go back for the blood tests if it carries on. xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Please don't let them fob you off though Trish, you know your body and when something isn't right x
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Thankyou so much for you support.

I have to go back in a few weeks for my pill, the doctor I see for that is really good so if I haven't been back before I will talk to her about it then. Thinking about it, I may make my pill appointment for earlier than I actually need.

Yo never know though, these aches and pains might just go away - I can hope!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 10:17 PM
I have written in my blog that today I have been diagnosed with Raynauds.

At least I know what it is now. Glad it's not arthritis but a bit sad as I also know it isn't going away in a hurry. Sitting here with gloves on, keeping hands warm helps.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >