Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-04-2008, 09:39 AM

Horrible walk.

The title says it all. First off we met a woman with a staff and a collie cross. The staff is pulling at mine so in turn my are pulling over to it, so what does she do, lets it off the lead, it runs a few steps and stops staring, the owner stars "faffing" and puts it back on the lead. Nothing weird in that but when you add to the fact its a rescue staff and she said not a week ago, I am walking the other way as she is a rescue and I am not sure how she is with other dogs but still let if off the lead then and now.

Secondly we decided to walk on another path as I wasnt sure of the dog and less sure of the owner, this path would lead away from the path the woman was on and would be fine, wrong again she scrambles through undergrowth between path and begins to follow us, this causing hers to pull again and mine this time. In the end she turned back.

With the collie cross she also walks it round the streets off-lead, she did this with her old staff cross, while not a fan of walking dogs off lead near roads this one was fine, but she always had the collie on lead as he was not great off it, so the minute her old one dies the collie is brilliantly trained?

The walk then turned quite nice, apart from Star who is still only allowed lead walks being a **** as he wants to run and play and feels the lead is an implement of torture.

Then we get home I put my hand in my pocket for the key, not there, so I am locked out. I couldnt figure out why I didnt have the key as its part of my going out routine, so in the neighbours I went to phone my sister at work to bring the key home, she says ok she will be there in 10 mintues, after 5 minutes I put my hand in the zipped up inside pocket for a mint, guess what the key is there, how it got there I dont know as I never keep keys in that pocket.

Anyway sorry for the rant/long post.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Stormey , go back to bed for an hour, then get up and start again
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 09:56 AM
That does sound like a morning you wish you could start over!
fran
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh dear, sounds more like a Monday morning. Never mind, chin up the weekend is nearly here!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Hope your over the bad start to the morning, next walk will be better, chin up.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Time for a sit down and relax............I hate days like that too
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Kettle on........
If you can't come on here to offload your horrid walk tales/ Friday morning blues where can you eh?
ellie.ford
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Oh dear lol. I sympathise though. I've had walks like that too! - especially walking three dogs!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 02:08 PM
I agree, get back in bed, roll out the other side to the one you originally got out of, then restart your day.

At least it's Friday.

((Big Hugs))

Heidi