View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2007, 11:27 PM
So now, if I get a job Deccy will have to be left at home alone which is not what I want but I don't see what else I can do
Hi Deccy I am sorry the troubles must seem never ending, good news about the job though.

There is something you can do if you have the courage to do it and if there is no other kennel available. You could bite your lip/get a report from the vet/ go to see the lady and tell her you don't know where she heard the rumour but you have a vets report and in spite of everything you trust her with your dogs and would rather they went there than anywhere. She can only say yes or no and you have nothing to lose, it will at least clear your name and could provide a solution to your kennel problem (hug)..
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Deccy I am sorry the troubles must seem never ending, good news about the job though.

There is something you can do if you have the courage to do it and if there is no other kennel available. You could bite your lip/get a report from the vet/ go to see the lady and tell her you don't know where she heard the rumour but you have a vets report and in spite of everything you trust her with your dogs and would rather they went there than anywhere. She can only say yes or no and you have nothing to lose, it will at least clear your name and could provide a solution to your kennel problem (hug)..
Sorry to hear this Gill but good luck with the new job. I completely agree with Mini, bite your tongue and take the vets report to her. xx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 05:39 AM
I can't add anything to the good advice given just wanted to say so sorry to hear that someone can be so unreasonable and not listen to you.

Please try and pick yourself back up for Deccy and good luck with the new job.

xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 05:40 AM
Oh Gill. I really can't offer any further advice than what's already been given.

Please don't give up - what would dear, sweet, Deccy do without you? You're all he has now, and you must stay strong for him.

I agree with getting a vet report on Polo's illness and shoving it under this nasty person's nose.

Let me know if I can help in any way please.

*Hugs*
xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2007, 06:10 AM
S sorry to hear this person has been so cruel to you when you are feeling so vulneranle Polo being PTS was a tragedy and the best thing you could of done for him in the circumstances as you say you had all the professional advice needed to help you make that decision.Agree with the others there must be a rumour going round and getting a vets report and shoving it under her nose would be a good thing.She will probably go back to the person she heard it from and give them a right rollocking and eventually it will find its way to the source.
Hope it all sorts itself out stay strong we are all here for you and good luck with the new job.xx
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 07:18 AM
I appreciate the support but I am still in bits.
I don't think there is a rumour causing this, she told me a few weeks ago when Polo had his medication increased (to overdose level, incidentally, so his kidneys would be badly affected eventually) that there was "nothing wrong with him" and she refused to give him his lunchtime dose which was what the vet had instructed. She said yesterday that she had "seen this coming for months" - durr.... he was diagnosed last August so of course those concerned could see it coming as it was inevitable in the end! She probably meant I would "get rid of him". She was taking a huge risk letting Polo run with the other boarders I did ask her to isolate him in case he had an episode but she ignored this.
Also, she is very lucky that I didn't make a fuss last year when he was unsupervised and took a fit and went down the cliff, he was missing for 5 hours, she didn't ring me for 4 hours and had clearly not looked properly for him, nor did she offer to pay the vet's bill for his treatment. Luckily nothing was broken but it could have been.
Incidentally, she recommended the rogue builder maybe he is behind this in some way as word will now be out that he has ripped me off tens of thousands and done a shoddy job on my house. She thinks he can do no wrong.
I don't have a new job yet - I had an interview yesterday for a temp job but I won't know until Friday whether or not they want me. The company is seeing other people. It's just that IF I get it, they will want me to start Monday. It was incredibly difficult selling myself 30 minutes after the phone conversation.
Deccy is very quiet this morning, won't get out of bed, doesn't want any breakfast ......
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
I appreciate the support but I am still in bits.
I don't think there is a rumour causing this, she told me a few weeks ago when Polo had his medication increased (to overdose level, incidentally, so his kidneys would be badly affected eventually) that there was "nothing wrong with him" and she refused to give him his lunchtime dose which was what the vet had instructed. She said yesterday that she had "seen this coming for months" - durr.... he was diagnosed last August so of course those concerned could see it coming as it was inevitable in the end! She probably meant I would "get rid of him". She was taking a huge risk letting Polo run with the other boarders I did ask her to isolate him in case he had an episode but she ignored this.
Also, she is very lucky that I didn't make a fuss last year when he was unsupervised and took a fit and went down the cliff, he was missing for 5 hours, she didn't ring me for 4 hours and had clearly not looked properly for him, nor did she offer to pay the vet's bill for his treatment. Luckily nothing was broken but it could have been.
Incidentally, she recommended the rogue builder maybe he is behind this in some way as word will now be out that he has ripped me off tens of thousands and done a shoddy job on my house. She thinks he can do no wrong.
I don't have a new job yet - I had an interview yesterday for a temp job but I won't know until Friday whether or not they want me. The company is seeing other people. It's just that IF I get it, they will want me to start Monday. It was incredibly difficult selling myself 30 minutes after the phone conversation.
Deccy is very quiet this morning, won't get out of bed, doesn't want any breakfast ......

Sounds to me like this person is the type who has one rule for herself and a different one for everyone else! Unless she is a qualified vet, she has no business 'diagnosing' or disputing diagnoses. Her behaviour when Polo got lost was questionable.
Although I agreed with Minihaha at first, now that I have read all this, my advice would be to find another kennels - but take your own time about it - even if Deccy has to be left at home at first. I wouldn't let this woman near a dog of mine if she is like how you say!
ace
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2007, 08:02 AM
What a horrible woman she sounds, I would certainly not want to leave her in charge of my dog.
Deccy is probably a bit down because he is picking up on how you are feeling, try and stay strong for him.
Big {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi Deccy, I thought from your original post that you had a reasonable relationship with the kennel owner , now you have elaborated it does rather change things..
I would still speak to the vet and get something in writing about Polo to send to this woman, she doesn't sound the best of people to leave a dog with if she refuses to follow a clients wishes when they are acting on the instructions of a vet.

In many serious canine illnesses there is often a compromise to make, we know some medications do in themselves cause major medical complications but we have no alternative but to use them to give the dog a quality of life in the short term..you would think if the woman was with dogs all the time she would know this..

If the new job is only part time is it possible to leave Deccy at home until you can sort out some more permanent arrangement?

Never give up Deccy life for many of us is a series of high points and low points. Some of us seem to have more than our fair share of lows but I like to think because of this we appreciate the highs even more and enjoy them to the full when they finally arrive..
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Huge Hugs for you (offer still open if you wnat to come away for a bit). Personally, having just read your latest post, I wouldn't leave my dog with her. If she isn't prepared to give medication to a dog as prescribed by a vet then she doesn't have the dogs best interests at heart.
You did the right thing by Polo. Better a day too soon than a day too late. I made the decision with my oldie last year when he started having problems walking. I'd always vowed that once he couldn't do what he loved doing (running and hunting!) then he would go.
Hopefully Winston and Polo are together waiting for the day we get there, but we have our current babies to take care of before that day.
If I can be of any help just say. We are all here for you.
Becky
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »