Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
princessjane23
New Member!
Female 

23-02-2007, 01:31 PM

cocker spaniel agility

hi, not long ago i went to a fun dog show, and there was a fun agility course there, so i thought i'd try my cocker spaniel on it, it was his first time and he did so well, he seemed to love it, did all the jumps and was really fast. do many cockers compete in comps? what would they be under medium? i also have a springer who was also very good but wouldn't be able to enter him into comps as he is not kc registered. i am going to take them both to agility training anyway as they both seem to enjoy it!
Cayley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-02-2007, 02:50 PM
There are quite a few cockers competing in agility, working types are in the majority due to their natural speed and drive to work but there are some very quick show types aswell. My youngest dog was chosen with agility in mind, she is a show type cocker and is by no means slow.
It's not a problem if they aren't KC registered, you can register them on the KC obedience and working trials register, this allows you to compete in sports such as agility .
princessjane23
New Member!
Female 

23-02-2007, 05:43 PM
oh thats good so my springer could compete too cos he is not kc registered. my cocker spaniel is show breed but is very fast!! will see how they do in training!
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 10:49 PM
i have a workin cocker where do you find the fun show days?
ATD xxx
princessjane23
New Member!
Female 

25-02-2007, 11:54 PM
i find the fun day dog shows just advertised.there is always one in the village next to where i live every year,thats advertised in our village shops and vets that is for the RSPCA. i just look them up on the internet as well to see if there are any near to where i live.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2007, 08:40 AM
fanks
ATD xxx