Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
but of course we dont know nothing about the breed even though we have owned them for years LOL...
of course we must wax the dogs and hurt them, because others say so!
i have images of daphni with waxing strips stuck to her nose now lol i cant ever imagine daphni being shaved to look like a hairless either shes too much of a marshmellow..

get some pics of fizzi and karma on
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i have images of daphni with waxing strips stuck to her nose now lol i cant ever imagine daphni being shaved to look like a hairless either shes too much of a marshmellow..

get some pics of fizzi and karma on
Have done it!

waxing strips, I dont wax my own legs - let alone putting our dogs through that, flipping heck that would hurt them im sure of it..
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 05:17 PM
heres some pictures of daphni....

5 weeks old here (already been shaved on her face)

and with her hairless sister

9 months old at the cheshire show

15 months at LKA

daphni with her unshaven (hes a bit trimmed) CC

a show dog in the snow yes she got very wet and messy.... which obviously show dogs dont really do.

sat on the flags. this is the most recent i have so shes 19 months

all my sunny pictures are on my phone so i will work out how to get them off the phone and on to the computer.... sorry for the overload but hopefully i gave you an idea, and showed you a happy dog
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Have done it!

waxing strips, I dont wax my own legs - let alone putting our dogs through that, flipping heck that would hurt them im sure of it..
have you not put the picks on this thread?
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2010, 05:19 PM
im sorry but i find you quite rude. how dare you say my dog does not live the life of a dog because she is shown!! she lives a wonderful life! gets fed the best food, (gets brushed and that isnt torture) every day and goes for a walk every day for at least an hour. she meets doggy friends most days and has off lead runs with them, she goes swimming, she sleeps in my bed, is allowed on the sofa, and comes with me everywhere. do not say my dog does not lead a normal doggy life please.dont judge when you dont know.
I didn't say that - I said IMO I think showing is cruel... as for the other comments I am shocked that they only get an hour a day.... I am NOT rude I am just putting my point across as is everyone else and as for rude look back on DevilDogz posts she is known for it, but hey I won't get into that. I apparently am rude because I don't agree with showing and by saying that I am alleging your (who are you anyway - I don't even know what dogs you have (fGs)) dogs are cruelly treated by being groomed, shown etc etc.. I gave my opinion otherwise what else are forums for? I find reading back on some posts on here that the rudeness is far more widespread, but to me that just shows unsecurity and bad manners... I just speak my mind and if you have interpreted it as rude then that is your mistake. It isn't rude to have an opinion nor defend that opinion and if rudeness is your interpretation of me having different views to you than tough!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 05:26 PM
have you not put the picks on this thread?

no i didnt but here ya go
Karma a powderpuff with unclipped face and in full coat

Karma body and faced clipped

then some of our Hairless babies

Here are two other hairless cresties we have brought in from other kennels, Fizzi is shown by me, but Mika doesnt go in the ring, he hates it!
Fizzi

Mika

and for anyone that thinks show dogs cant be normal mad dogs please try telling our lot that!

Taro-

Star-

Fizzi

Karma shaved down again enjoying her daily walk-

Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
I am shocked that they only get an hour a day....... !
Why are you shocked that her dogs only get an hr`s exercise a day

There CC not Labradors or Standard Poodle or a mix of both.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
I didn't say that - I said IMO I think showing is cruel... as for the other comments I am shocked that they only get an hour a day.... I am NOT rude I am just putting my point across as is everyone else and as for rude look back on DevilDogz posts she is known for it, but hey I won't get into that. I apparently am rude because I don't agree with showing and by saying that I am alleging your (who are you anyway - I don't even know what dogs you have (fGs)) dogs are cruelly treated by being groomed, shown etc etc.. I gave my opinion otherwise what else are forums for? I find reading back on some posts on here that the rudeness is far more widespread, but to me that just shows unsecurity and bad manners... I just speak my mind and if you have interpreted it as rude then that is your mistake. It isn't rude to have an opinion nor defend that opinion and if rudeness is your interpretation of me having different views to you than tough!

i think if you re-read i said at least an hour. sometimes its one, sometimes it 4. why am i cruel. and if you have read the posts then you would see i have chinese cresteds.

can i ask why you think showing is cruel?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Front or hind leg dew claws?? My dogs use their front dew claws lots - to hold things, for a scratch

Front!!

There are plenty of sport photographs showing dogs turning with their dew claws touching the ground
and the fact that mine wear them down in day to day activity shows that they use them

Front or back...

mine dont have any , and dont miss them, they dont suffer any consequences from not having them, they can hold bones/toys, they can turn on a sixpence .. justas any other dog can.

Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Two articles about the removal of dew claws and its affects,

Dewclaws may contribute to improved balance, too
Dewclaws are another &equently amputated dog part that are often thought to be use¬less, but in fact, the front dewclaws do have a purpose says Chris Zink, DVM, PhD. "The function of front dewclaws is to prevent torque on the leg," she says. "There are five tendons attaching the dewclaw to five muscle bundles, supporting this function¬ality. When a dog is running, the dewclaw comes into contact with the ground. If the dog needs to turn, the dewclaw digs into the ground to support the lower leg and pre¬vent torque."
"The rear dewclaws are vestigial in most breeds; that is not true for the front dew¬claws, which should be more correctly called digits or thumbs," says Dr. Zink. She works exclusively with performance dogs and has found that if a dog doesn't have dewclaws, the leg will twist when turning, which applies significant pressure on the leg. to the toes. carpus, elbow, and shoulders. The repeated twisting and pressure can ultimately cause chronic painful conditions, especially carpal arthritis. "Of the over 30 dogs I have seen with carpal arthritis, only one has had dewclaws. All the others had them removed," says Dr. Zink.

http://leeola.livejournal.com/

Scroll down to find it.

Heres another,

http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/Mestena/dewclawsInjury.pdf

I also have a photo of Honey in the photo she's from a point where the dew claw would of dug into the ground and provided her with extra grip for running, and I also have a rottie photo showing the same.

Chaz, unless that photo is taken from an extreme angle, honeys leg looks like it is broken at the knuckle joint.

So thats a thing thats misunderstood, so are you telling me that theres no way that having their wiskers taken off can affect dogs? I'd never do it, everything is there for a reason, just because people don't understand it doesn't mean that there isn't a good reason for them.

Chaz, you misunderstand, I do not misunderstand anything..I am simply telling you that the dog I have owned, that dont have dew claws to those who did , suffer no more or less .

In fact those who did have dew claws, would injure themselves on many an occasion.

Regards the whiskers, I am telling you my dogs dont suffer any ill effects having them removed.
gizooty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Thought id show you some pics of ours, 1 who gets shaved on his back and face,one who gets some face hair, and the other who gets non..

This is Our Hairless Spike..
looks soo ill treated and badly done do... as you can see.

this is our Hairy hairless Who gets shaved,

and our other True hairless who dosnt need shaving.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...2010/Jadee.jpg
Closed Thread
Page 15 of 31 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »