Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 12:58 PM

your views on this?

where i work theres about 8 of us - really busy place etc....

the people i work with are really lovely - but i get the impression one person (same level as me), ) who really dosent like me.... i dont know why l just certain things....

anyhow - i dont want to cause friction but i realyl hate my job sometimes (and ive only been there a month or 2)!, but it seems to be every job someone tries to drive me out - i think im an easy person to get one with and work with... but how would you handle this situation?? do i have word wiht the boss? ask her outright!? im not one for having a confrountation with people at work (unless it my manager then for some reason i can easily kick off) lol........

if you want to know more details etc... please pm rather than post on here.!

thanks
p.s - i know not everyone gets on well but its making things awquard.....!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 01:08 PM
you say this has happend before in every job someone tried to drive you out ?? then perhaps change your outlook on what your there for

when i became a senior last year the workmates fell in droves and it did affect me ..BUT you know what i'm there to work and i;m realy not worried it any more its not a populararity competition ...it pays the bills
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-01-2009, 01:11 PM
I'd be inclined to ask if they had a problem, and if they had a problem obviously it's their problem and if it's going to be a big problem it's their choice, they either get on with it, or they quit.

But, as you say your not very confrontational, so thats maybe not the best approach, especially if they are the confrontational type as it could possibly make things worse. Do you get on well with your boss? how well does that aggrivator get on with the boss? approaching your boss depends on the answers to thos questions.

Does the aggrivator get on well with the rest of the workforce? It may just be that they don't like other people. At this moment, my best advice would be to hunker down and get on with things, treat them the same as the rest of your workmates (I have found that if your really nice to someone who is horrible, it really frustrates them, especially office bully types)
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 01:12 PM
When I worked in an office - whatever office - there was always someone who I didn't get on with. I just kept my head down and got on with working, and only mingled with the nice people at lunchtime. Sadly when you are employed you can't choose who you work with!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 01:15 PM
yeah tbh i need the money and the way the job thing is atm i am probably going to have to keep sctum

my mum suggested it could be slightly jelous as well - as i know one aspect of my life this person said is what they want to do as well...........and they cant,......

but every little mistake is like a big deal and tbh im made to feel likt cr*p

i think because im not very confrountational.... mabye im being slightl walked over??? (like my other jobs imo....)

thats why i left my last job as i was taking the pee out of etc.... nd the job before that i was sacked because i kicked off lol! so i think i may need to find a good in between?!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 01:18 PM
sad to say people are jeleous of different things a life style a promotion even others love life

I think many of these people need to learn its a JOB not a scocial club

hope your feeling ok Suze keep you head down and work hard ......
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 01:26 PM
thanks inca

im there to earn money.... not to make friends (although i have done tbh..lol).... the boss and another 2/3 people are extremely clicky (not the perons in question) - but thats life - bosses always have favourites!

i wont kiss anyones behind to get places in this job - i will when i have finished uni and getting aproper job - but tbh i really hate this job anyhow and its not for me - but the hours did fit in until this person requested my hours and i got the cr*p hours - so that peed me off tbh although ive said nothing....

its just drives me mad - im so tempted to go back to college AND uni full time and not work tbh but i realy need the money to keep my car and puplet ok....
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm trying to be delicate here, but there are different ways at looking at things.....

........if i noted that every job I've had someone tries to drive me out, i would be looking for the common denominater to each situation.....
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 01:41 PM
There always will be people who don't like you no matter what you do . Added to that there are some people who just don't like new people .
Just say nothing and treat the job for what it is ---- a way of making some money
Good luck
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2009, 01:49 PM
A boss's favourite will always be the person who is hard working, conscienscious, willing to do something outside their usual station, i.e. not giving an answer of "it's not my job" which seems to be the current way of getting out of doing something the boss might have asked him/her to do one who doesn't spend more time chatting to a mate than concentrating on his/her job, and one that arrives on time and isn't first out of the door! If you're all of the above you should be able to ignore this person and just get on with the job you're paid to do, it shouldn't affect anything, especially if there are other people to turn to in a crisis (always handy!)

If you're none of the above, then it's time to search inside yourself and see what changes you can make, coz quite honestly, in ANY job throughout your whole life, it really does matter whether or not you are a conscienscious type. People are paying good money to employ staff nowadays, they can also be picky in who they choose to employ due to the amount of people being out of work, and the LAST ones to go in a company, are those peops who show willing, knuckle down and just get on with it, otherwise....... there's the door!

Maybe if you stopped thinking YOU are the problem, i.e. because it's happened before time and time again you say, and concentrate more on the job in hand, you might find you don't even HAVE a problem Suze? Just a thought there!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >