View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 12:59 PM
the same thing again, and again and again..ride through it, something new will soon take over the headlines.

Every person i have spoken to in the last week except 2 have told me they would have a rottie because of what they have seen, either there own dogs or friends/relatives dogs, how well behaved and daft they were.

On every single conversation, people have told me "its the way the dogs have been brought up, not the breed of dog thats the problem".

So we have to just keep educating the silly few who do believe in what they read.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Minter The answer is don't buy/read/support tabloid newspapers they are full of rubbish
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Everytime we find a newspaper reporting in such an unfair manner we should add them to the block list.

And then all of us boycott any newspaper on the blocklist. There are millions of dog owners in the UK alone - it would soon hurt their pockets if they didn't get our money and might make them think before reporting in such a manner in future.
Very true. I don't think I could go about my day for frowning and be to irritated if I read this type of rubbish.

None of it is based on fact only no matter what they write about...I mean what type of term is 'devil' dog anyway?...Talk about emotive...it's obvious they try to twist the minds of readers to think how they want them to or else they would give an unbiased write discussing the facts without the use of ridiculous terms to sway the reader.

novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Have any of us actually met a 'devil dog'?

I haven't, I have met some dogs which I have thought needed some training but I have never met a 'devil dog' - I've met some awful kids though that fit the bill perfectly!!!!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2006, 07:12 AM
Thought they mighta got bored with this by now..... ignorant sh*@s
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
I've met some awful kids though that fit the bill perfectly!!!!
Oh how true, i have to just say when we had Bo some neighbours kids used to tease him through the garden fence, i warned their mother soooooooo many times that if Bo was to see them when he is off lead i would not be held responsible for his response to them......they never took any notice, lucky for them nothing ever happened but who knows what these children are doing leading up to these attacks surely these dogs are being provoked in some way.

I have a 4 yr old and she has always been told never to approach ANY dog unless she either knows it/the owner and to always ask first if she can stroke it, Diesel will sometimes get carried away with her but usually it's Mia that has got him excited in the first place, however i feel as the adult, it is MY responsibilty to make sure they are BOTH safe.

I do feel for the people that get injured but as a dog owner, a completely random attack is difficult to believe.

And relax...............

Jules
xxx
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi Minter as you say the ball is rolling ...................again ,i feel truly sorry for anybody who owns any bull breed at the mo as you will all get tared with the same brush ,what always come across load and clear to me (and im sure im not alone )is that once there has been an attack anywhere in the country ,within days theres dozens of them all over the place ,it makes you think someones getting paid for "arrangeing "attacks .god forbid ,the media has a lot to answer for
Hayley
Dogsey Senior

30-09-2006, 01:15 PM
There was a story in our local paper this morning about a little girl who has been attacked by the family bullmastiff.

The article mentioned that the dog had always been wary of kids and that the owner had always worried about the animal ever since it had arrived from a rescue as a one year old. The article then went on to say that he knew that just before the attack the little girl had been teasing the dog with a biscuit.

Any yet the main slant on the whole article was about how people shouldn't keep "fighting" dogs as family pets - NO mention anywhere about how children should have some respect with dogs and not tease them with food.

Makes my blood boil.
canarydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-10-2006, 03:44 AM
Should All Idiot Owners And Drug Addict Scum Be Put Down

Yes

No Breed Should Be Stereo Typed Not Any We Humans Bred Different Breeds For Different Needs!
Its The Coward Lowlifes With No Brain That Gives Breeds Bad Names, Just Like Bullies Who Start On Wimp Cause They Are Not Tough Enough To Even Look At Someone Tough Who Might Splatter Them Lol
canarydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-10-2006, 03:49 AM
That statement couldn't be more true SPOT ON!
canarydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-10-2006, 03:51 AM
Sorry i should of adressed it better HAYLEY I TOTALLY AGREE
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >