register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Female 

29-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Completely agree, that's exactly the sort of bullsh*t "news"papers like the star thrive on - hype and mass panic, whatever the subject happens to be. Don't buy 'em!

Ani
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

29-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Its disgusting but that's what sells papers. I agree no child should be left in charge of a dog without strict adult supervision as they don't have the knowledge or strength to cope if anything happens, then the poor dog gets the blame. Bl---y press they make me sick.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Absolutly disgusting. It should read "Should Irresponsible Parents be Put Down".
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Absolutly disgusting. It should read "Should Irresponsible Parents be Put Down".

Thats made me laugh Mini is right and you know what I couldnt even tell anyone how much a newspaper now costs I stopped reading them years ago I usually look things up online if I want the lastest gossip As annoying as it is theres nothing we could do to stop them for instance if we all flooded their email systems of photo's of our dogs with children whats the betting any of those photos would get printed? None...

Bad news sells papers, thats a fact of life
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-09-2006, 12:26 PM
We don't buy papers either can't be bothered to read half the rubbish printed.Let alone waste money on it.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 12:31 PM
The media at it's finest

Now I know WHY I don't buy newspapers
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 12:32 PM
I choose to buy newspapers. The ones that tell the news! Not a chance would I waste my money encouraging people to write b*****ks like that.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Everytime we find a newspaper reporting in such an unfair manner we should add them to the block list.

And then all of us boycott any newspaper on the blocklist. There are millions of dog owners in the UK alone - it would soon hurt their pockets if they didn't get our money and might make them think before reporting in such a manner in future.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I think the law should be no children under say 15 allowed to be in charge of dogs for their own safety.
I thought (was hoping?!) this already was the law Lynn? I must admit, I would be very nervous seeing a youngster in charge of a gsd under the age of 14 say?! Sorry, but I would! It would worry me - a lot!
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2006, 12:47 PM
A few weeks ago our local paper ran a storie about a two year old who saved his ten year old brother from there pet staff when it attacked them, they were out walking it alone. Not once did I think oh the poor kids/ parents, all I could think was you bl##dy stupid people letting the kids walk the dog alone. the dog was put down but I really felt it was the parents who should have been prosecuted for Neglect.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >