Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 07:59 AM
I think that one was Kym?? I have loads of hers
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Never count Apples was based on what happeneed to her GSDs litter but was fiction. The third one was Two for Joy. Kym was the one about the Siamese
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Gary Paulson's Winterdance... it had me laughing and crying often in the same sentence! A bloody good read about one mans obbsesion with his dogs and winning the Iditarod, the greatest sled dog race on earth!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I love the ones by Joyce Stranger, Two's Company, Three's A Pack (there's another and cannot remember the title as I read them years ago) Excellent books written about her life with her Golden Retriever and GSD's. She is a truly gifted writer and her books are hugely enjoyable.
I have loved Joyce Stranger's books ever since I learned to read. The ones written about her own dogs were always my faves (and I have them all now). They were Two's Company, Three's A Pack, One in a Million and, lastly, Double or Quit

Her novels that I really enjoyed were the Paddy Joe and Storm stories, Never Count Apples, Rex, Flash, Walk a Lonely Road, Josse ... the list goes on Basically all the ones which either had a GSD or a BC in them. I have them all stashed safely in a book box so hopefully Ben will enjoy them as much as I did when he is a little older (along with all my old Famous Five books )

My other fave is Moobli (hence my username) by Mike Tomkies.

More recent books I have thoroughly enjoyed are Twenty Wagging Tales by Barrie Hawkins about GSD rescue.

Cassius by Gordon Thornburn about a true life police dog.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Never count Apples was based on what happeneed to her GSDs litter but was fiction. The third one was Two for Joy. Kym was the one about the Siamese
Gosh, I had totally forgotten about Two for Joy. I must go and track it down, so I can read it again

Another author I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I loved when I was a child (and totally mad about dog fiction) was Frank Walker. He wrote "Jack" (about a Belgian Shepherd), "The Lurcher" and "Banjo" about a mongrel. I bought all those books secondhand as an adult too, and enjoyed them just as much
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Gosh, I had totally forgotten about Two for Joy. I must go and track it down, so I can read it again

Another author I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I loved when I was a child (and totally mad about dog fiction) was Frank Walker. He wrote "Jack" (about a Belgian Shepherd), "The Lurcher" and "Banjo" about a mongrel. I bought all those books secondhand as an adult too, and enjoyed them just as much
Oh i have Jack, i cried so much when he fell

Didnt know he had written more, its hard to find alot of these books now with them being out of print.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Just had a quick glance in my Joyce Stranger collection, and there was also Dog Days about Chita, her second GSD.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Oh i have Jack, i cried so much when he fell

Didnt know he had written more, its hard to find alot of these books now with them being out of print.
I cried buckets over Jack too! I think one of the best places to look for old books these days is on ebay.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2010, 11:14 AM
I used to have a guy that sold 2nd hand books who would hunt around for me (i think he had a bit of a crush bless him) he found me a 1st edition green grass of wyoming (sorry cant spell) and a 1st edition Zara by Joyce stranger with the book mark. But ebay is great too
ecowell
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Eight Below, its not a book its a film but i thought it was sad
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >