View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2013, 07:57 PM
I would think Scott at http://www.thedogfoodcompany.co.uk/ would deliver to Sawbridgeworth. The food is great and he delivers on a monthly basis. He's sometimes a bit tricky to get hold of but once you're a customer he's as good as gold.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2013, 08:07 PM
I've never managed to track him down to actually get a delivery, but I understand from those that have that the food is of an excellent quality.
I recommended Britbarf as a point of call because there are many experienced raw feeders on there who can advise. Those of us who now raw feed have all gone through the initial terrifying stage of giving our first chicken wing, drumstick, leg etc. and waiting for disaster, of course nothing ever happens and we get really confident. But we all need that initial reassurance from everyone we can possibly speak to
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 10:56 PM
I have fed raw for a few years now, just like Tawneywolf. It can seem very daunting at first, but stick with it and you will reap the benefits.

I am sure if you need any advice, just give a yell and someone will help. As long as you feed bones, offal and meat you cant go far wrong. Dont get too uptight about getting it right in the first few weeks. Chicken is a good meat to start with, tripe is also a good choice.

A typical week for me is chicken carcase, tripe, lamb mince. chicken mince, lamb bones, beef rib bones, liver, raw eggs, shell included and at weekends rabbit, or some sort of game, fed as is, with fur, feathers etc.

I personally dont fed any veg, some people do.

The thing is DONT PANIC....
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2013, 06:38 AM
Well they've just had their second meal of chicken wings with an egg this morning. It's probably just me but last night after the first meal they were acting calmer. As I speak the pup, belle, has decided to sleep again, probably knackered from all the chewing. She wasn't to impressed with the egg but Mika finished it off.
Shopping day is today so a lot more meat is on the list. I did look at the dog food company last night as well as a couple of others. My partner said he would look around for one of those bulk buy places.
It's so nice to see them eating things they love for a change. Thank you everyone for your help. As you say we've all been so brain washed that its a scary step but a good one.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2