Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Hi afc101,
I have 2 dogs insured with NFU Mutual [ an American bulldog and a Dorset Olde Tyme]. It is lifetime cover paying out £4000 for each unrelated illness and £40 excess and they have been brilliant. The cost on my renewal which i have recently paid was £279 for both dogs. May be worth taking a look at.....Cheers...Ian..
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2005, 05:29 PM
We stayed well clear of M & S, as its not actually M & S anymore, its HSBC, who bought it when M & S sold most of the financial services division last autumn.

We're with Direct Line on their cover-for-life policy - with a £30 excess.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Been checking out M&S today it's cheaper to apply on the internet than by phone !
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by IanIOW
Hi afc101,
I have 2 dogs insured with NFU Mutual [ an American bulldog and a Dorset Olde Tyme]. It is lifetime cover paying out £4000 for each unrelated illness and £40 excess and they have been brilliant. The cost on my renewal which i have recently paid was £279 for both dogs. May be worth taking a look at.....Cheers...Ian..
Thanks Ian, seems like a good deal, I'll give them a look.

Slighty OT. I was going throuh the Pet Insurance policy I have with E & L and noticed that you can get an award of £750 if a burglar breaks into your home and your dog catches them Lola licks her lips in anticipation
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 09:17 PM
For those of you with E&L, how have you found them? There is such a lot of bad press everywhere about them, apparently they hardly ever pay out.

I pay £10.66 a month for Teagan with M&S, no excess. (Just signed up, last week)
I was with Tesco, and paying about £9.98, but it had a £50 excess. I've only been able to claim once, when she had demodex. Her treatment over the time added up to £158, so I got £108 back.
But there are lots of times we've been, and it's cost £20-£40. Would have been nice to claim it back!
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Ive got Blue with pet plan but after reading this I think I'll take a look at M&S. Ive never had to make a claim ( touch wood) . As for Sasha no one would touch her as she is a welfare case.
derbyrottie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks for your advice, I took the no excess option hoping that I wont have to use it! I know there has been a lot of good things said about petplan but at the moment i just cant afford such premiums, I did have a savings account with some money in that was going to be kept for emergencies and not have pet insurance but had to use it! typical! So its just for a little bit of piece of mind really
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 12:16 PM
At the end of the day Derbyrottie you have to do what is best for you. And you are a very sensible owner to have insurance at all most pet owners don't have any insurance or cover whatsoever. This is very risky nowadays as unfortunatley Britain is becoming more and more sue happy, therefore there is third party liability to take into account as well as your pets health. After talking to several experts I wont consider changing from petplan but that is only because my boyfriend and I both have very well paid jobs petplan is expensive and you have to go with an insurance you can afford. The fact that you are getting your dog insured at all shows just how sensible you are. I hope m&s work out for you; the animal insurance game is a minefield

Kindest Regards
Laura.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2