Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 10:22 AM

Walla Crag, Keswick & Northern Inuits

Went to Keswick for a long weekend and took the boys upto Walla Crag at Castlerigg near Keswick. We camped at Castlerigg Hall which was a fantastic site we usually go to the Farm opposite but too many rules such as no laughter after 10.30 which was a bug to me when the next door tent had a million decibel pneumatic drill snorer in it. There's no justice is there!
Brodie enjoying her view of the campsite!

The Hall was more expensive but worth it as nobody bothered us and the toilets were immaculate.
Enjoying tea.

We set off up Walla Crag, there is only one short road which is a dead end to a farm so the dogs can stay off the lead for a majority of the walk.
Just now and then we spotted sheep in the distance and put them on just to be careful.
It was a hot day so didnt see many people. We set off at 10.00am from the Castlerigg side of Walla Crag (recommended) its very steep and rocky on the other side and harder work.
Cat Bells on the other side of Lake Derwent.

It was a beautiful day you could see for miles.

I dont like heights so placed myself firmly in the centre of the top of Walla Crag on my bum so I couldnt possibly get blown off!

Me with my boys & dogs

Going down the other side its very beautiful almost swiss alp like, derwent in the background and my boys.

The walk up from Castlerigg only takes about 20 mins on a good pace. The other side (dont know what its called) takes longer but you follow a stream especially good for the dogs and its very sheltered by trees. It took us about 3 hours in total and that was stopping at the top and to have a picnic.
A well earned cool down on our way back to the campsite.

Two very tired dogs.

This is the life!!!!

Thanks for looking.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Wow, what a lovely time you must have had, beautiful scenery, beautiful kids, and gorgeous dogs. I did go to Derwent a few years ago, and it is truely stunning. Thanks for sharing your pics with us all xxxx really enjoyed them.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 10:31 AM
ahhhh, lovely pics laura, fantastic scenery, hope you had a good trip back from the funday
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Thankyou Tracy, I think Derwent & Keswick has to be my favourite of all the lakes. You must get yourself back again soon.
Thanks Sue, only took me 4 hours to get home so obviously got seriously lost trying to find the farm!
It was a great day, will post some MAD! pictures of that later.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Wow, it looks fantastic. Gorgeous children you have and stunning dogs.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 12:13 PM
great pictures Miss K, you obviously had a great time, it was a lovely day for you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Lovely pics,stunning scenery lovely children and dogs.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Thankyou
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Have really enjoyed your pics, felt as if I was there, I could smell the lakes, has a lovely smell hasnt it, we love them and they are on our doorstep so get as often as we can, we love Keswick and surrounding areas, they are so dog friendly there too.

Your dogs and sons so handsome they looked as if they were so happy there too, pleased you had good weather, thanks for sharing them with us really enjoyed em x
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Lovely pics, what a beautiful place! Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >