View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 10:58 PM
hi myschivous,when i ran my dogs in the forest i had a permit to train sleddogs for racing from the fc we had to stick to a perimeter on a map.could only go within that perimeter on approved trails.I used the ordinary trails.At the moment i run mishka with a springer device also, u can use any part of the forest if u are just running a dog with a bike.u dont need a permit to do that,i have a letter from the fc to say i can use the forest to exercise dogs with a bike as this isnt training to race. u can use footpaths in the forest to run your dog next to your bike ,just watch out for loose dogs &walkers!!I have pics of me& my dogs using the rig,i will post them onto the forum hopefully over the wkend.Do u run your dog in a tracking harness when on the springer device? i use 1 on mishka when shes running next to my bike.
rose xxxx
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher
hi myschivous,when i ran my dogs in the forest i had a permit to train sleddogs for racing from the fc we had to stick to a perimeter on a map.could only go within that perimeter on approved trails.I used the ordinary trails.At the moment i run mishka with a springer device also, u can use any part of the forest if u are just running a dog with a bike.u dont need a permit to do that,i have a letter from the fc to say i can use the forest to exercise dogs with a bike as this isnt training to race. u can use footpaths in the forest to run your dog next to your bike ,just watch out for loose dogs &walkers!!I have pics of me& my dogs using the rig,i will post them onto the forum hopefully over the wkend.Do u run your dog in a tracking harness when on the springer device? i use 1 on mishka when shes running next to my bike.
rose xxxx
Hi Rose...Thanks for writting and for your help / info I'm not sure what a tracking harness is??...I have just been using a regular walking harness with them at the moment.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 07:53 AM
louise this site is brilliant!!!! May decide to use this info if we ever want another rig,depending on how much it would cost.
thanx.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 09:33 AM
hi again myschievous ,a walking harness is more or less the same type of harness as the tracking one,u can get a tracking harness from SASS their tel no is 01842 878246 These harnesses have fleece put around the front part where the dog pulls!!I find the walking harness can be a bit uncomfortable for running in as it can rub on the dog underneath!!. Happy running rose& the gang
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher
louise this site is brilliant!!!! May decide to use this info if we ever want another rig,depending on how much it would cost.
thanx.

Thanks Rose..

We just decided to build one, in case Seiko didn't like it.. Which he doesn't Too mush like hard work!!! (thats my OH in the pics and my messy garden )

Hopefully our mal pup will be a proper sled dog

Edited to add our rig cost us £24...
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Hiya,
Is there a list anywhere of races/training days/event anywhere? Just because i'm curious and would like to see the dog working for real
H xx
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 01:10 PM
hi to find events like husky racing u can check the
SIBERIAN HUSKY CLUB OF GREAT BRITAIN website
ABSA website
BSHRA website
AMWA website
These sites have all their event& race dates on them.
hope this is of help rosexxxx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 03:46 PM
thanks rose
H xx
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 05:01 PM
www.snopeak.com has a complete list of all the race days fun days etc