Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 01:51 PM

There goes a man who never wants a job!

Bus was at a red light, and a man walks past who in the middle of his forhead has a tattoo of a cannibis leaf, with some wierd design on the edge of his forehead aswell, well wonder what his job prosects would be like, he would either have to already be in a job, or get lucky with interviews, and you can't really expect people not to judge you walking round like that can you! I would ask what possessed him, but its prolly obvious, I just think it looks tacky, but seriously, he can't expect to be taken seriously by society can he?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
he can't expect to be taken seriously by society can he?
Nope, not by me anyway. I once had the misfortune to sit opposite a guy on a bus from Manchester to London who was wearing a baseball cap (The wrong way round of course) and the makers label still hanging down (Half over his ear and half over his eye)

The manufacturers name....................BLOCKHEAD
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 02:05 PM

Well he would never get a job in my line of work
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2011, 02:07 PM
This reminds me of the time I was sat in the Jobcentre and a man walked in wearing a Bob Marley t shirt with a big cannibis leaf on, cannibis wristbands, scruffy joggers and 2 big cannibis leaves on both arms and top of his wrists No surprised he stank and looked stoned
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Bus was at a red light, and a man walks past who in the middle of his forhead has a tattoo of a cannibis leaf, with some wierd design on the edge of his forehead aswell, well wonder what his job prosects would be like, he would either have to already be in a job, or get lucky with interviews, and you can't really expect people not to judge you walking round like that can you! I would ask what possessed him, but its prolly obvious, I just think it looks tacky, but seriously, he can't expect to be taken seriously by society can he?
If you were in my job or any public facing/professional job you'd be sacked for coming in with a tattoo of that on your face. Any facial tattoos are generally a big fat 'no' for most jobs. I'm amazed anyone would get one there.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 05:38 PM
When I was married and my husband needed care before he died, I once had two carers turn up one night to hoist him to bed.

One had a 3inch big gold cannabis leaf on a chain round her neck, high heels and loads of jewellery. She looked like Lilo Lil.

She dropped a spliff on the floor on her way out.

That agency never came back I can assure you!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 06:12 PM

e have plenty of employees at many sites who have multiple tattoos, piercings, strange hairdos etc.

People can express themselves how they like, these looks are not to my taste but some of the best workers I know would probably not win any prizes for dress sense or grooming!

I tend to look beyond the cosmetic..........
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
e have plenty of employees at many sites who have multiple tattoos, piercings, strange hairdos etc.

People can express themselves how they like, these looks are not to my taste but some of the best workers I know would probably not win any prizes for dress sense or grooming!

I tend to look beyond the cosmetic..........
Poor dress sense or grooming does not exactly equal a tattoo of a cannibis leaf on someones forehead...
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 06:54 PM
I thought the same Labradork...
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Have to say I work with animals, I wear trackies, a t-shirt with 3/4 sleeves and a body warmer, just coz right now I'm able to wear that and keep reasonably warm, that is until lunch hour, when we've all sat down and the cold sets in, I try to wear the same things daily, they get a quick wash everynight, a full wash on my last working day, just coz I have no tumble dryer, so I want to make sure that their dry in the morning, I try to wear the same so I have the least amount of clothes wrecked, and I end up filthy most days, and I have holes in my t-shirt coz the kennels attack me, but where I work thats accepted, but a facial tattoo wouldn't be, espcially a cannibis leaf, can you imagine coming to rescue a dog or a rabbit (don't show anyone round cats, I'm just always a helper on that section, never in charge), and finding someone with such a tattoo on their face, how many wouldn't be put off, if someone walks in and expects the workers to be spotless, their living in a dream world IMO, but I wouldn't think many would be happy to walk into a enviroment with such a, well in your face drug reference, I don't think any work place where you deal with the public would be happy at least, so I think either this guy knew what reactions his tattoo would cause, or was very niave about it, or he just wasn't thinking, and has to live with his mistake, which would be a very visual mistake!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »