Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 06:05 PM

Obviously large dogs are the problem

Radio 4's Today programme feature about dangerous dogs this morning.

First of all an interview with two likely lads owners of illegal pit bulls walked off lead round London. They were the spokesmen in defence of large dogs and they did their best and sometimes did well. For example they said it was about how the dog was treated and trained. But are people likely to listen to them?

Enter responsible articulate people. Are we more likely to listen to these?

First of all John Humphrys, presenter, and seemingly large dog phobic. Apparently fully intending to whip up mass hysteria about them. He was incensed about An off lead rottweiler in the park barking. Erm ... dogs do bark.

Talking to a retired high up in the met police about the dangerous dog problem. We all know which are the dangerous dogs just by looking. Can't we just seize them and lock them up. Coming to the conclusion that no large dog should ever be allowed off lead in public.

Joined by the secretary of the Staffordshire bull terrier breed society who agreed that large dogs should be kept on the lead.

What an appalling instance of biased reporting. By the BBC. Paid for by my money through the licence.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 06:59 PM
thats not good. its a shame though cos lots of people will listen to them and pick out the bits they want.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Sounds about right.... Yep big dogs, all nasty, viscious beasts....
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 07:41 PM
omg what a load of ********. if anything its usually the small ones that provoke the big dogs. constantly yapping and going for their feet. just because a dog is big it dont mean its going to harm anyone
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 07:45 PM
My mum was put in hospital for 6 weeks with the nastiest bite I have ever seen from that well known dangerous large breed dog the Norfolk terrier!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 07:50 PM
why am I not surprised.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I listened to the interview with the two lads from Hackney at least one of whom owned a dog three parts pit bull.

He seemed to think he could talk the police out of prosecuting him for having a dangerous dog just by telling them that it wasn't dangerous......

Good luck with that, matey!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Well, MY large dog hardly ever goes on a lead and he is the nicest, sweetest, gentlest boy in the whole world. He tolerates constant hassle and maulings from my daughter's Chihuahua puppy, and bear all with an air of noble resignation ... so yah boo sucks to John Humphreys.

Childish I know, but honestly! I heard the programme too - I am quite a fan of JH, but clearly he does not know much about dogs.