View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 11:04 PM
I guess the next question I must ask,, is,, has anyone on the forum had any experiance with the imuno therapy,, if so did it compleatly clear the problem or just reduce it?
con mcghee
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-04-2008, 10:53 AM
thanks shona will ask if galloway and mc leod have it will let you no
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi Shona, although my dog has had the tests he has not had the immunotherapy has in his case the skin as too much damage and the vet does not think it will help. He was on oral immune suppressants for 9mths and was doing well with a period of 3mths without when the stress of a dog attack on him as triggered the condition again. He first started at the age of 2, and was originaly treated for 6mths for mites, hence the damage to his skin, and certain areas ie hocks and elbows they dont believe the fur will ever grow back, he also has reacurrent ear infections, but is allergic to ear cleaners I use cooled boiled salt water as this does not make them sore but he needs to have them cleaned every other day, he is also bathed regular with malesab shampoo.
con mcghee
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-04-2008, 07:41 PM
hi thanks for info cody my bitch has problems with ears we use malacetic otic ear cleaner made by dermapet it has nothing in it that can harm them worth a try we clean ears every 2nd day they are fine now keep using hope this helps
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks for that will look for it do you buy it from a veterinary pharmacist?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I guess the next question I must ask,, is,, has anyone on the forum had any experiance with the imuno therapy,, if so did it compleatly clear the problem or just reduce it?
I was discussing immunotherapy with the vet when Finn got his tests. From what I can remember it is about 70/80% (approx) successful.

One of Finn's allergens is airborne so I found that an air purifier helps a lot especially in the room he sleeps in.
con mcghee
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-04-2008, 08:50 PM
yes you can buy from vet but pretty costly. you can buy from web amazon.com derma pet cheaper hope this helps you let me know how you get on

maureenxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
I was discussing immunotherapy with the vet when Finn got his tests. From what I can remember it is about 70/80% (approx) successful.

One of Finn's allergens is airborne so I found that an air purifier helps a lot especially in the room he sleeps in.
I had mentioned this to Maureen on the phone, one of the girls who trained her boxers at my club used them {her daughter had problems and she said they helped no end,, hers looked quite smart,,,
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi Maureen, checked out the online vet pharmacy and its £6.56 does that seem about right.
Pam
con mcghee
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-04-2008, 10:10 PM
thats a 4oz bottle you can get 16oz from amazon .com derma pet for 12 dollars hope this helps

maureen
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >