View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Tala has just been diagnosed with kennel cough. The vet gave her an injection of antibiotics so if your dog can't keep anything down then it would be worth asking for this. My dog is still eating ok so not as bad as yours and although she is coughing it is only occasionally, although her cough was getting worse which is why she went to the vet. I was told it could take up to 2 weeks to go and the vet also recommended Benylin for children to sooth her throat if needed.
Tancredreynolds
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Hello everyone. thankyou for your messages, Just got back from the vets after being there for the last 2 and a half hours. They had to take 3 x rays of his chest(harvey wouldn't stay still long enough). The vet has said that he possibly has either lungworm or pnunmonia and he also has an enlarged heart. the vet gave him an injection for his inflammation of his throat and an injection to stop him vomiting. so he can hopefully keep his food down. She said he has lost 1 and a half kilos since friday. The vet has also prescribed antibiotics, frusecare tablets (can't remember what these are for), and a liquid medicine for the lungworm. I've got to call the vet back tomorrow morning and let them know of any progress. otherwise he's got to go back and be put under anasthetic so they can have a closer look.
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh bless his heart, poor fella. I hope the meds make him more comfortable and that he can keep some food down so he can build his strength up a bit. Hope he has a comfortable night and is on the mend very soon x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tancredreynolds View Post
Hello everyone. thankyou for your messages, Just got back from the vets after being there for the last 2 and a half hours. They had to take 3 x rays of his chest(harvey wouldn't stay still long enough). The vet has said that he possibly has either lungworm or pnunmonia and he also has an enlarged heart. the vet gave him an injection for his inflammation of his throat and an injection to stop him vomiting. so he can hopefully keep his food down. She said he has lost 1 and a half kilos since friday. The vet has also prescribed antibiotics, frusecare tablets (can't remember what these are for), and a liquid medicine for the lungworm. I've got to call the vet back tomorrow morning and let them know of any progress. otherwise he's got to go back and be put under anasthetic so they can have a closer look.
frusecare are diuretics,they will help him get rid of any fluid on his chest.
i hope he is on the mend soon,poor lad.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 08:36 PM
aw, poor harvey. hope he gets better soon
Tancredreynolds
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
frusecare are diuretics,they will help him get rid of any fluid on his chest.
i hope he is on the mend soon,poor lad.
Thankyou all for your kind comments. It was another sleepless night with harvey. He is still being sick and coughing. He just can't keep anything down. Frusecare you say gets rid of the fluid on his chest. How will it get rid of the fluid?? will these make him cough and bring up the fluid ?? (i'm sorry if this sounds like a silly question).
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Thankyou all for your kind comments. It was another sleepless night with harvey. He is still being sick and coughing. He just can't keep anything down. Frusecare you say gets rid of the fluid on his chest. How will it get rid of the fluid?? will these make him cough and bring up the fluid ?? (i'm sorry if this sounds like a silly question).
not a silly question
poor lad
it will make him pee it out has your vet not given him anything to help stop the coughing like a short acting steroid jab?
Tancredreynolds
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-10-2009, 09:09 AM
He was was given a DEXAFORT injection and a METOCLOPRAMIDE injection. one we thought was an anti inflammatory and an antibiotic injection.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 09:25 AM
He was was given a DEXAFORT injection and a METOCLOPRAMIDE injection. one we thought was an anti inflammatory and an antibiotic injection.
hi, yes you are right,
if he is still coughing and cant keep food down at all he should really go back to the vets this morning
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Sorry to see Harvey hasn't improved and had another difficult night. I think Tupacs2legs is right and that perhaps he needs to go back to vet again, he must be feeling very weak by now. Bless him.. sending healing thoughts to the boy. xx
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >