Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I use either CSJ or chudleys cant fault either
sherylfox
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2009, 08:28 AM
hi i have a 7 week old blue mearle bc and i put her on bakers for a day then the cashier in pets at home said no far to much salt in it for puppies ! salt why do puppies need salt, whats next a serviette and silver cutlery...so took her straight off that onto hills science plan which she hates and won't touch licks all the wet food off and leaves the dry food , she is now on natural harvest chicken and rice 72p a tray in pets at home so far she likes it but only been a day so lets see what her stomach thinks of it tomorrow, thinking might add some puppy plain biscuits to it give it some texture ...
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by sherylfox View Post
hi i have a 7 week old blue mearle bc and i put her on bakers for a day then the cashier in pets at home said no far to much salt in it for puppies ! salt why do puppies need salt, whats next a serviette and silver cutlery...so took her straight off that onto hills science plan which she hates and won't touch licks all the wet food off and leaves the dry food , she is now on natural harvest chicken and rice 72p a tray in pets at home so far she likes it but only been a day so lets see what her stomach thinks of it tomorrow, thinking might add some puppy plain biscuits to it give it some texture ...
hi,in my lot i too have a blue merle collie
changing her food this often at her age is not a good idea,she is laying down her good gut bacteria.
it sounds to me she's starting as she means to go on some collies find food not to high on their list of priorites,they can also be slight 'control freaks'
i would make sure she is on a puppy food,and use the 10 minute rule as in,give her 10 mins to eat,even if she starts eating at the 9th minute take it up,a HEALTHY pup will not starve itself,she will soon learn that you have 'control' of mealtime and she will eventualy(usually) be less picky
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Sheesh, what vet in their right mind would suggest Bakers? that is quite scary that these people are supposed be the experts!

Anyway, Burns is probably the most 'bog standard' dry food I can think of. Followed by James Wellbeloved.
Well people claim their vet suggested raw. Ack!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
Well people claim their vet suggested raw. Ack!
I'm looking into feeding raw, for both my dog and my cat. It has a lot to recommend it. I won't go over to completely raw immediately but have been incorporating some raw into my dog's diet anyway for the last 3 years since he was a puppy.
sherylfox
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2009, 01:27 PM
well she seems to like just wet food i was just worried without some buscuit it would not be enough for her but she today at twelve turned her nose up at her dinner so took it away straight away , gave her it again at 2 and she ate every bit then wanted a bit more, her brother will empty his bowl everytime he is fed biscuits and meat no problem feeding him at all, thanks for the advice.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2