View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 08:36 PM
hi ian i have the same problem here with tv and raio in hospital so i take my laptop have a dvd tv and rdio if you put something like this in your laptop works perfect

here you have to pay the same i have to go back soon as well i think this is the best cheapest and worksif you want to know where you can get it send me an e.mail only logged in maybe this will help you
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi Ian
I have a small hand held colour TV with an aerial ..I will mail it to you if you PM your address .. it takes 4x aa batteries or you can use an adaptor .. a multi adaptor in argos is about £3....definately a better alternative. even if it is small can you tell me more about Blackies personality... I have a 4 yr old and 2 chi's ... I would give him a comfy "B&B" if suitable.. please try to keep your chin up .. I know it must be hard but we are all rooting for ya!!!

Hugs
Rachel
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by darasa View Post
Hi Ian
I have a small hand held colour TV with an aerial ..I will mail it to you if you PM your address .. it takes 4x aa batteries or you can use an adaptor .. a multi adaptor in argos is about £3....definately a better alternative. even if it is small can you tell me more about Blackies personality... I have a 4 yr old and 2 chi's ... I would give him a comfy "B&B" if suitable.. please try to keep your chin up .. I know it must be hard but we are all rooting for ya!!!

Hugs
Rachel
Hello Rachel,

Thanks for the offer of the TV, I might take it up, I'll see what my friend says first (the nurse).

Blackie, where do I start, He is nearly 6 years old, fairly big for a Border Collie, very loving and caring. Scared off - spider's, flies, any small dog, any big dog, any cracks and creaks that he hasn't heard of before. He is house trained and has never had an accident. He loves, no craves attention. He is very gentle when he plays, he has never destroyed a toy in his life, if you try and play tug-of-war with him he let's go of his toy. He know's he mustn't touch our faces, if you go towards his face with yours he turns away. Likes to sleep in a chair upside down (Off course I don't expect this) He prefers to be hand fed with his dry food on a morning and likes a mug of tea after his morning walk. He has a few treats when he goes to bed too. But the thing he craves for is a tummy tickle, even if he is wet He adores children, we often get stopped when we are out by children running out of there gardens and putting there arms around him and he just stands there taking it all in. In the summer I usually have a crowd of kids at the top of the garden stroking him. He was brought up with two cats, but he still likes to chase them though. He always has the run of the house, he sleeps wherever he wants, usually he sees me to bed then comes back down stairs to sleep all the night, he won't move unless I do.

But he has got a few things he doesn't like, He doesn't like his tail be touched, sometimes he's a bit iffy about his paws too (Only applies to me, other people can touch them) he is possessive about he chews, but not usually about his toys.

I think that is about it, if there's anything else you need to know just ask. What I have put down here is what he is like with me, I don't know if he will be different around other people.

Oh, by the way, sometimes if you drop anything he can put on the eye and dare you to pick it up, I just attract his attention somewhere else and he's fine.

Hope this helps.

Ian

P.S. Here's a link to some photo's of him, mostly him anyway.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Hoggett/?start=0
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Hello everyone,

Some good news hopefully.

The lady from the Council has contacted me again and they (Her and her partner) seem to be pleased to take in Blackie. They have a back yard with a brick wall all around with a locked gate. they don't appear to have any other dogs and they would leave the back door open - weather permitting while they are out at work. The only worry I had was they live on the main street, however to get out to the front they have to open three doors, which I don't think Blackie could do! So they are going to come and see Blackie, and I am going to see them at home, just to check them out etc.

I'm so pleased it appears it is going to go ok, I'm feeling excited and a little nervous of my little boy going away, the only snag is they live about 25 miles away, which isn't a great deal but a long way away. Also the lad that walks Blackie says that I can give them his number in case he doesn't settle there and he will take him in. (wish he would take him full stop though).

I think that's enough from me. I'm hyper!

Ian
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Hope it works out Ian!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2006, 02:48 PM
I am so pleased to hear this, once you have Blackie settled you will be a lot better in yourself and be able to cope a lot better with what you have in front of you.
Will they come and see him a couple of times and take him out etc. so he gets to know them a little at least, before he actually goes to stay with them. Perhaps they could have him overnight a couple of times or for the weekend?
I know it will be a wrench for you but at least Blackie will be familiar with his surroundings and his foster parents.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi,
I thought about letting Blackie go to there's a couple of days before I go in, just to see if he is going to settle with them, that's if it is ok with them off course.

I feel as thoug a load has been taken off me already, I have given her my phone number and we are going to talk tonight after she gets in from work.

Finger's crossed.

Ian
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 03:01 PM
That is good news - I really do hope it works out. Once Blackie is sorted out, you will be able to concentrate on getting better as quick as you can. Good luck.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Good luck with Blackie,hopefully they will all get along well together and you can worry a little less.As for the payment of the TV I think it s outrageous,what a con ripping people off who have no choice but to need Hospital treatment.
Hope all goes well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2006, 04:02 PM
well I was thinking if it becomes a bit of the norm for Blackie to go off with them for a few hours, then overnight, then over the weekend, although it will be a massive wrench for you and you will obviously miss him like crazy, it will not be so bad for him when you disappear off the face of the earth as it were for a few months.
Is there anyway he could be brought to see you in the hospital grounds or something?
You are so brave facing all of this, it must be turning you inside out.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >