Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Het
Not a dickybird yet Fred
I have put some Hazelnuts and walnuts in the feeder so that might tempt them. I bet they wait til I've gone to work and then all pop out and party!

Untie Stewart from the tree Het, perhaps his screaming is putting them off a bit
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 11:31 AM
He is a bit noisy isn't he, there is a cooking apple tree out there maybe we could use one of those
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Here you are Het! I've just had 2 little visitors, it's lunchtime and they've come down for their hazlenuts, sunflower hearts and whatever else they can scrounge from my little bird sanctuary!

In the middle of the picture above just below the blue string, can u see him?

and

Now he's sitting on the top of the spare fence panel, can you see him? He's sussed me taking pics thru the kitchen window so he's off!
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Aahhh. Such lovely animals.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm hoping they get tame with me Tam, I can open the back door now without them running off straight away, so there's hope! When I was a teenager, my friend who lived in a house right in the Country (bit like our Het) had one actually running around in her house! So sweet. I have always liked them, but of course they are classed as vermin over here now coz they have driven away all of our native red ones. Now they are a sight to behold our red squirrells! Maybe Iwlass who lives on the Isle of Wight, or Snorri can get pics for us of some red ones as they are still around in those places.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Oh Helen great pics You need to put some camo makeup on and conceal yourself in the hedge then you can get really close

Its red squirrels that are coming to visit me, one of them is really bright orange while the other one is a little bit darker. I have seen two different ones for definite but my neighbour thinks there might be more. If they start coming to the feeder I will be able to get some pictures.My plan is to lie inthe grass and look like a plant
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 01:31 PM
I hope you get pics of the red squirrels Het, I'd love to see them

We have loads of grey one's here. They climb into the walnut tree, steal the walnuts, and run along the roof of the house with it in thier mouths. More often than not, they end up dropping the walnut into the courtyard, normally just missing either me or the dogs

Between the squirrels and the parakeets, there won't be anything left on the tree
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Iwlass, Snorri ... get on it, we want pics!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Het
Oh Helen great pics You need to put some camo makeup on and conceal yourself in the hedge then you can get really close

Its red squirrels that are coming to visit me, one of them is really bright orange while the other one is a little bit darker. I have seen two different ones for definite but my neighbour thinks there might be more. If they start coming to the feeder I will be able to get some pictures.My plan is to lie inthe grass and look like a plant
Now you're just showing off again Het I thought we only had the red ones in Scotland and the I.O.W?? How come you've got them there then? I could maybe leave a precariously placed tin of red paint in the hedge I suppose? Get some pics then please, they are gorgeous the red ones and you are very very lucky indeed. I don't suppose there's any chance of you putting up a little doormouse home in that tree too is there Het, coz they are my absolute fav's They are like the squirrell boxes but longer with a lid on the top and a hole for them to get in coz they can't open the lid, and some nice soft hay at the bottom or sawdust - go on!!
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2005, 04:13 PM
My Help for Het ???always ready to help send you my friend
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >