Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 10:19 AM

Bathing beauties!

Not really - just the starling hooligan gang enjoying a splash!

Not a good pic as it was taken through the window. I could (and do) waste ages just watching the activity in the bath
(Excuse the washing!)

(We could put lots of garden bird pics in this topic - I get quite a few species but don't know if I could get good pics)
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

01-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Great Pic DM! Your garden is so ace and I love that Bird bath!!!!!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Wow H, that's a good pic I love your garden
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 12:22 PM
What a lovely picture, I will have to get a bird bath thats inspired me now.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

01-10-2005, 12:27 PM
excellant piccie - I would love to have something like that but my 4 cats are evil and don't respect my beliefs in being against hunting

my mum and dad feed the birds and they get an amazing number of birds in the garden - I love sitting watching them - this year they got a woodpecker and two baby wood pigeons that still come back and feed now they are big birds.
The adult birds are actually bringing their young birds to feed its amazing to see - I have never seen so many birds at a feeder
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Emm
excellant piccie - I would love to have something like that but my 4 cats are evil and don't respect my beliefs in being against hunting
Know exactly what you mean. I didn't feed the birds for ages as I didn't want to feel I was luring them to their deaths with the cats. However, now they are older* and basically hardly venture outside the door I am really enjoying the avian life again.

A couple of years ago, just days after saying how nice it was to be relaxed about encouraging birds I came in to fine Tizzie on the stairs, crunching, with just one drumstick and one wing from a greenfinch remaining She was purring away like a traction engine! Oh the guilt! However, as far as I know that's the only fatality in the last 5 years or so. The birds aren't that bothered; Tizzie often lies in the sun at the foot of the pole the feeders are on and the birds still visit in great numbers.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

01-10-2005, 12:36 PM
thats like my mum and dads cat she just lies underneath the tree now and the birds don't even bother about her she is too old now to go hunting