View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Just searched on 'overgrooming' and found this from Burns - animal food producers
http://www.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk...ergrooming.htm
Lots of us on this board recommend Burns for our dogs, so maybe a diet change to the cat variety of Burns would be an idea too. Interestingly the article mentions the Feliway.
Judo
New Member!
Female 

28-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Thanks to all who have replied.All your suggestions are very interesting and I will mention them to the vet.
Now I must try and get my mind off this and get some work done.So I will sign off for now.Thanks again everyone.Will be back later.Judo.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-09-2005, 11:54 AM
I was going to say food too - a 'natural' no additives diet might help?
Fluffybunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Has the vet taken a small skin scraping to look at under the microscope? It might identify whether anything is lurking there, although it would be odd to just be in one area like that.

I hope you get it sorted soon, I should imagine it could become a bit of a vicious circle with the cat getting stressed out by his collar. Have you tried putting a tubi-grip type thing round his middle instead of the collar so he can't get at the area? He's likely to pull it off and you'd have to make sure it wasn't too tight, but might be worth a go for a while just to let him have a break from the collar?
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-10-2005, 03:10 AM
Hello Judo..So sorry to hear about your poor cat...The Feliway DAP difuser may help if the cause of his licking is stress related, as will a few drops of Bachs Rescue Remedy in his drinking water...If you think it may be allergy related you could try giving him a periton tablet daily...You could also try bathing the area in a solution of diluted hibiscrub and alo vera cream should help to heal his skin...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2