View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Awww such sweet little babies. I am sure now that everything has settled down they will soon regain their weight.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:31 AM
I am so pleased Poppy and her new family are doing well.
Special hug from me and the girls.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:33 AM
they are beautiful, sorry you lost two pups, i would speak to the drug company and ask what the contra-indications are for the drug, to see if vet Definately should not have prescribed it and then make sure the b*****d gets struck off!

Alex
xx
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Ps I would find out how long takes for the drug to get out of the system. Get seccond opinion via phone from another practice. Royal Vet College give advice too.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:34 AM
They are beutiful, D xxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 09:12 AM
there absolutly beautifull pups,keep the piccies coming and im glad shes settled with her babies,

as for that vet ask to speak to him and give him **** from us,they stupid git.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 11:11 AM
OMG I've only just read this, what a terrible ordeal you have gone through, so harrowing .

I am appalled the vet was so negligent as to give an old-fashioned drug that is known to cause such side-effects, but to make things worse then overdosed too As they have admitted their error, I would absolutely refuse to pay, what they have done is diabolical - and I would definately change vets.

I do hope Poppy, her pups and yourself all make a speedy recovery. Heavens you've had an absolute nightmare you poor thing.
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh my word! Only just caught this, nice to see the pups and poppy seem to be doing ok now.
Change vets! Acp??? I can't believe he prescribed that
Maddie only had a quarter of a tablet of that to bring her home from Devon once, she weighed about 50 kilos then, she slept all the way home, and after a dizzy excitement of being home, slept the rest of the day/night. and that was only a quarter! I only asked for something in Devon cos that was the year she bloated on holiday and I didn't want her getting stressed out on the journey home glad I never gave her the half that I was told to as a quarter was enough!
Sorry you lost two pups. Fingers staying crossed for the other little ones.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 12:29 PM
So glad to see Poppy looking alert and well and proud of her pups - which were indeed well camouflaged! Hope they all go from strength to strength now!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks guys, everything seems fine today, I've given Poppy a good brushing and a trim, after the vet completely shaved her backside, she looks like a baboon now!!! I really don't understand why he did that, especially as she whelped naturally!

Pups are more alert now too, and slowly gaining weight, 3 up over their birth weight and one has just reached, at 5 days old they should be nearly double their birthweight....but they are alive and well and Poppy is back to normal, so I'm am just greatful for that.

Will let you know how the vets appointment goes on Friday.....if you hear of a crazy woman being arrested at a vets in Bristol you'll know it's me!
Page 9 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >