View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Im pretty sure...... well about 50/50% that you have to push your dog off high places, so he has to face fears & trust you?

I dont know WHY i think this, someone must have told me!

Cant you trainer tell you as shes been?
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Connor9 View Post
Thanks for that . I've read of being calm- assertive state before asking your dog to do something but ill go have a look at that link. Did your trainer tell you how good it was and how effective?
All she told me that she just got back from his workshop - apparently just he got back from Africa where he worked with lions. She was impressed but I don't think she's actually tried it, she just told me to check it out as it might be good for reducing the stress in my dog who tends to get overexcited and then he gets reactive.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
...well i found it creepy..looks like a scary cult type thing lol
Its too secretitve for me....... Either money hungrey....or culty!

Just be upfront about your methods!!!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by fluffymummy View Post
All she told me that she just got back from his workshop - apparently just he got back from Africa where he worked with lions. She was impressed but I don't think she's actually tried it, she just told me to check it out as it might be good for reducing the stress in my dog who tends to get overexcited and then he gets reactive.
Have you tryed "clicking for calmness
" works fabby!
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Isn't that the same guy who runs courses training people to be animal communicators?
I think so as it has links to some website of practitioners who do dog listening etc whatever that means!
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Its too secretitve for me....... Either money hungrey....or culty!

Just be upfront about your methods!!!!!
I know! It just doesn't say what's involved which made me curious! I might call my trainer and ask what he actually did... although it says on the website that they can't describe it, so they post videos to watch, but you do have to subscribe... but then first week is 1p, might give it a go unless it gets me even more intrigued and confused so I'd have to buy more membership... that would make me well pee'd off!
Connor9
New Member!
Male 

28-01-2011, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=mishflynn;2160142]Im pretty sure...... well about 50/50% that you have to push your dog off high places, so he has to face fears & trust you?

I dont know WHY i think this, someone must have told me!

Mind you you could be right cause my dad used to say the best way to get a dog over the fear if water is just to put them on a long lead and drop them in some water
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Have you tryed "clicking for calmness
" works fabby!
No, done clicking in training but not for calmness, the problem is when my dog gets into the "state" he responds to nothing.... As the boy likes to watch tv (really) and barks at the animals that he sees, she says that would be a good practice to try and call him off so to get to the state of calm.

How do you click to calm? Once he's seen the clicker he will just sit there and wait for me for instructions as he'll get food
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:29 PM
IF hereally cared it would be free, & hed be upfront & get more people on his courses. Seems like a con.......& im still not sure about pu8shing the dogs off of high places!!!!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by fluffymummy View Post
No, done clicking in training but not for calmness, the problem is when my dog gets into the "state" he responds to nothing.... As the boy likes to watch tv (really) and barks at the animals that he sees, she says that would be a good practice to try and call him off so to get to the state of calm.

How do you click to calm? Once he's seen the clicker he will just sit there and wait for me for instructions as he'll get food
Just drop food on the floor, before he getsreactive (iewith no distrations) & click as he eats, Its important (as far as im concerened) that the food is on the floor as it ncourages sniffing, that in its self will help calm a dog down, eating will calm a dog down.

Shame you are in london, i could have given you a lesson!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >