Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hattyscatty
New Member!
Female 

19-11-2009, 12:02 PM

Autarky dog food - really good and good price

Hi Everyone!

Have just started my Border Terrier boy Bosley on a new food - Autarky and just wondered if anyone else has used it and how they got on?
Bosley has been on it for a month and is doing really well - coat much better than his previous food I am really impressed with it especially the price as much cheaper than the one I did use for him! See what you think!

http://www.dodsonandhorrellonline.co...rmn52i1fl0e785

Also great as he is loving it and was quite reluctant to eat some of the better known brands I tried for him - didn't know BTs were so fussy with food!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 01:17 PM
My ex's cocker spaniels were on Autarky and they looked fab on it

I use this for my fosters (not that I get many).

Very good food for the price IMO
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 01:21 PM
I feed mine Autarky when we are running low on raw. They do well on it, and it's pretty cheap too. I used to use it as training treats for my Elkhound who was very sensitive to a lot of foods, and it didn't affect him.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 02:11 PM
I use Viking for the rest of mine but just bought a sack for Etta, she seems to be doing OK on it.

It does have a lot of Maize in it.

rune
Glenrock
New Member!
Male 

19-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Our Sam is also a Border Terrier. He is two and a half years old and after some investigation decided to put him on to Autarky. Sam has an allergy ( considered to be a grass allergy) which manifests itself in a rash on his belly. Autarky is hypoallergenic and this is reputed to assist in managing this sort of allergy. He has been on it for about four weeks and there does indeed appear to be an improvement although the pollen in the atmosphere is also greatly reduced at this time of year.

He didn't take to the change very well and initially was walking away from it. However, with a little cooked mince or chicken, lightly mixed in, he is scoffing the lot.

His coat is also much improved.

Glenrock
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by hattyscatty View Post
Hi Everyone!

Have just started my Border Terrier boy Bosley on a new food - Autarky and just wondered if anyone else has used it and how they got on?
Bosley has been on it for a month and is doing really well - coat much better than his previous food I am really impressed with it especially the price as much cheaper than the one I did use for him! See what you think!

http://www.dodsonandhorrellonline.co...rmn52i1fl0e785

Also great as he is loving it and was quite reluctant to eat some of the better known brands I tried for him - didn't know BTs were so fussy with food!
im sorry but i had to laugh at your dog's name.... i live in the place Bosley, ive never heard a dog called that before!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I feed mine Autarky when we are running low on raw. They do well on it, and it's pretty cheap too. I used to use it as training treats for my Elkhound who was very sensitive to a lot of foods, and it didn't affect him.
I feed my lot it too when I run low on raw!!! It is on special in our local pet store at £14:99 so got a couple bags!!
minneloushe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi, I just changed my lot over to Autarky after spending lots of time looking for an affordable but good quality food. They are now on their 3rd bag & seem fine on it, but I am rather concerned about the addition of yeast to it. supposedly it helps digestion, & I now notice its in many other foods,this previouly went unoticed as my main concern had been to find a food with natural preservatives & no wheat s my GSD comes out in huge bumps with certain foods.

But I also have a Borzoi, & as you probably know is one of the breeds known to be prone to bloat, & I have lost one to this horrible condition, so I am wondering if the yeast in the food could increase chances of it occuring ( thinking about fermentation), I may be competely on the wrong track here & I realise that no-one seems sure of exact causes, but obviously I don't want to feed him anything remotely likely to bring this on. Can anyone give an
opinion on this this for me?

Sorry to go on a bit, my 1st post since intro

Thanks
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Well, so far my adults have been on it for 2 years & have done well on it.
twix