Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Squiggs
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 11:25 PM

How old/young does your dog act?

Squiggs is three and a half now.
On quite a few occaisions other dog owners that I've come across with much younger dogs than her have said (whilst watching them play together) "How old is she?"
My reply of three and a half has been met by suprised comments such as
"Oh! I thought she was a pup!"
"She's still very bouncy!"
"She's a bit hyper for her age!"
I swear Squiggs thinks she's three and a half months - not years
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 03:32 AM
I know how you feel. My girl is going to be eleven this year, and she still bounces and plays like a puppy. People are always shocked when they hear her age. She has no idea she's elderly!
whitbywoof
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Gilmour is four now but three when we adopted him, and he seemed like a big, quiet, dignified dog. Three days after adoption he turned into an overgrown puppy and I'm certain he's going to be a puppy for the rest of his life! He's quite the friendliest, most playful dog I've ever known, and bounces around like Tigger!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Reah is 16 and tries to act younger Im sure if it wasn't for her legs she would have a real good Zoomies from time to time.
Skyes 3& 1/2 outside she loves to run but indoors acts like a 12 year old.....silly moo

Bruce is 2 and he bounces between a 12 month in running around to a exactly 2 indoors....so his the one who probably most acts his age
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Tilly is five and a half and still as bouncey as ever. people aslways are supprised when they find out her age. Even a vet we met at a show recently couldnt believe her age. She is an etternal puppy and i love it!!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Squiggs View Post
Squiggs is three and a half now.
On quite a few occaisions other dog owners that I've come across with much younger dogs than her have said (whilst watching them play together) "How old is she?"
My reply of three and a half has been met by suprised comments such as
"Oh! I thought she was a pup!"
"She's still very bouncy!"
"She's a bit hyper for her age!"
I swear Squiggs thinks she's three and a half months - not years
Squiggs and Pepper (my Mini Schnauzer) are obviously related! I get exactly the same comments and she'll be 4 in a month. A friend of mine (experienced dog owner) who boarded her for me said she reckoned she had the dog equivalent of ADHD!!!

J.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 08:17 AM
dylan is approximately 14 and acts like a dog half his age! couple that with the fact he was diagnosed with leukemia he is pretty amazing! people are always stunned when i tell them about him. i think it's because no-one's told him he is old and ill!

lily's a puppy and she acts like one!
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by whitbywoof View Post
Gilmour is four now but three when we adopted him, and he seemed like a big, quiet, dignified dog. Three days after adoption he turned into an overgrown puppy and I'm certain he's going to be a puppy for the rest of his life! He's quite the friendliest, most playful dog I've ever known, and bounces around like Tigger!
This is how Robbie has become. Lady has always been nuts and acts like a puppy chewing, throwing toys and charging round the house, but it's Robbie that has changed in his behaviour.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Well Dougal has just turned 3 and varies between a stiff old man when it's cold, but the minute he's warm...oh look out! He acts like a mad puppy...and causes havoc wherever he goes.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 02:43 PM
jake still is a pup, so acts like one but he is hyper and crazy and i think he will carry on like this for a good few years
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >