Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
as you say ''the joys'' at least she came out, my late JRT took 4 days to return after disappearing down a hole and when she did she spent the next few years of her life known as 'scar-face' from ear to bottom jaw
My son's JRT, went for 2 days after taking after a fox...........
They become 'terror demons!!!!!' eh! hun
Aaarrgggh now you are really worrying me

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
What a crafty girl she is - pretending to come back then zooming off

I'm glad she came out safely though - that can be a real worry.
Crafty is not what I have been calling her

Originally Posted by Duck View Post
glad she came out ok and un-harmed.

my terrier cant go off lead he runs and doesnt look back!
We will have to be more selective about where she is let off.
Where abouts in Devon are you Duck?
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Am glad she's ok, they're very good at the 'i 'm good n have come back and walking nicely' then taking off again sometimes. Have not encountered any badger sets but prime rolling material is usually involved with such
Am sorry your husband had a scare and hope you are both ok too x
Hubby is over it now thanks and Peps is smelling sweet after her bath

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Guess she just couldn't resisit that particular smell

Our two are always sticking their noses down holes in the ground, luckily they are too big to get right into them
Would have to be big badgers eh Harvey?
Duck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
We will have to be more selective about where she is let off.
Where abouts in Devon are you Duck?

im in Torquay.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Be very very careful. As well as being prosecuted without hesitation, if Pepsi met a Badger, you would not see her again, I guarantee you. Stay well away for all your sakes.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh the joys! How scary must that have been! I remember when I took an eight week old Tilly to the vets for her jabs, my old vet said ''ooh you'll never be able to let her off the lead. She'll be down the first rabbit hole she sees!'' Luckily for me, she couldnt think of anything she's rather do less! But its always a worry with terriers. The instinct is there!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Oh dear-glad she came back eventually!

Know how you feel as Parker took off after a horse last week. We had walked in the same field for the last 7 years without this happening and then he takes it into his head to chase one! Fortunately he did come back when called.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 09:48 PM
The dog behaviourist lady we had out yesterday called them 'terrierists' Glad to hear she came out unscathed!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:02 PM
So glad that there was a happy ending to this! It could have been disastrous.

We suspect that our little JRT that we brought home from DT this time last year had possibly been lost after going down a hole When he was found, in Ireland, it took three baths to reveal that he was mainly white, and his ears were chock full of dirt. Also he was skeletal poor thing. Nobody claimed him, so he was shipped over to Evesham which is where we spotted him. He has never acted like a dog that was ill treated, so possibly for his first 10 or however many years of his life he was loved and cared for.

Whatever, we would never let him off his fishing line lead when out on walks - he is obsessed with holes and with digging!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Be very very careful. As well as being prosecuted without hesitation, if Pepsi met a Badger, you would not see her again, I guarantee you. Stay well away for all your sakes.
We have already made that decision .... stay away or stay on lead.

Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Oh the joys! How scary must that have been! I remember when I took an eight week old Tilly to the vets for her jabs, my old vet said ''ooh you'll never be able to let her off the lead. She'll be down the first rabbit hole she sees!'' Luckily for me, she couldnt think of anything she's rather do less! But its always a worry with terriers. The instinct is there!
This is the first time she has shown an interest but I think she has been lulling us into a false sense of security

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Oh dear-glad she came back eventually!

Know how you feel as Parker took off after a horse last week. We had walked in the same field for the last 7 years without this happening and then he takes it into his head to chase one! Fortunately he did come back when called.
Glad Parker came back unscathed.

Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
The dog behaviourist lady we had out yesterday called them 'terrierists' Glad to hear she came out unscathed!
I call her Pepsi the Terrier terrorist.

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
So glad that there was a happy ending to this! It could have been disastrous.

We suspect that our little JRT that we brought home from DT this time last year had possibly been lost after going down a hole When he was found, in Ireland, it took three baths to reveal that he was mainly white, and his ears were chock full of dirt. Also he was skeletal poor thing. Nobody claimed him, so he was shipped over to Evesham which is where we spotted him. He has never acted like a dog that was ill treated, so possibly for his first 10 or however many years of his life he was loved and cared for.

Whatever, we would never let him off his fishing line lead when out on walks - he is obsessed with holes and with digging!!
Worrying isn't it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2