Our sister sites
Our sister sites
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
Red Hot Chili Peppers
I saw them twice, once before they were famous when they used to play in their pants ( boy what a bod AK has ) and once at when they were mega big, which wasn't as much fun.

Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Was that gig in Scotland?

Just wondering because at the time I had a pen-friend (you could find pen friends with similar interests to write to
at the back of NME in those days) although I got to know him via a slightly different route, through someone I met at the Elephant Fair in Cornwall when I hitch-hiked down to see the Cure. He lived in Kirkcaldy and a little bit of unused memory makes me think he was at that Cocteaus gig and told me about it!

I saw the Cocteaus about 5 times in all,Royal Festival Hall in London being the most stupendous, and of course you must remember how Elisabeth Fraser used to beat her chest as she sang....

Dead Can Dance used to support the C.Twins and became esteemed in their own right - Lisa Gerrard being possessed with a very powerful and versatile voice.
YES ! it was in Edinburgh, Playhouse I think.
Gosh I used to have a pen friend too, through the NME, he lived in Coventry I think, now that was a looooong time ago.

How I used to wait for The Sounds and NME to come out....those were the days
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
I saw them twice, once before they were famous when they used to play in their pants ( boy what a bod AK has ) and once at when they were mega big, which wasn't as much fun.
Glad some one is with me! They started a few years before I was born!! But I have great memories of being with friends and listening to their music, I've seen a couple of their videos though
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I listen to the music channels and radio and like Leanne - if I like it, I like it.

But I do quite like Lana Del Ray and Gotye (sp)
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Glad some one is with me! They started a few years before I was born!! But I have great memories of being with friends and listening to their music, I've seen a couple of their videos though
I used to be a huge RHCP fan and even though I promised myself i'd go and see them, I never achieved it (my other promise being to see Faith No More live which I did achieve!). I had all their albums on vinyl or cassette, Mothers Milk being my favourite ('Knock me Down' is one of my fave ever songs).
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2012, 01:36 PM
They started a few years before I was born!!
Now I feel REALLY old

I would have loved to have seen Talking Heads live, I think that would have been one of the high points in life.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I used to be a huge RHCP fan and even though I promised myself i'd go and see them, I never achieved it (my other promise being to see Faith No More live which I did achieve!). I had all their albums on vinyl or cassette, Mothers Milk being my favourite ('Knock me Down' is one of my fave ever songs).
The song I've probably listened to more than any other is ''By the way'' not because I played it a lot but people I knew / know played it SO much that I notice every time I hear it again ''Standing in line to see the show......'' so many different memories attached to it.
Some thing I wonder is when/if CD's will no longer be common! There's a lot itunes and stuff now which I've not got any of

Originally Posted by celli View Post
Now I feel REALLY old

I would have loved to have seen Talking Heads live, I think that would have been one of the high points in life.
Time means nothing
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 05:31 PM
I didnt recognise the title 'By The Way' but I see they released it way after I lost interest in that kind of music. Anything after 'Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik' is lost on me!
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I didnt recognise the title 'By The Way' but I see they released it way after I lost interest in that kind of music. Anything after 'Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik' is lost on me!
Didn't start listening to their music until about 2002! When I was around 12.. Arhh makes me feel too young!
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2012, 11:22 PM

Time means nothing
Hoho, just you wait till your 45, you might see things different

I'm not a complete old fart, I also like Plan B, The Killers ( I have a bit of a passion for young Mr Flowers )Mumford & Son.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Time means nothing
it does when when you have sad old gits reforming their bands ruining their legacy
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >